This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: "https://hubpages.com/privacy-policy#gdpr"

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (13 posts)

What is your best hub improvement tip?

1. Louise Lately profile image68
    Louise Latelyposted 5 years ago

What is your best hub improvement tip?

Sharing is caring! If you have a hub tip that you believe others could benefit from - please share it here. What tips have you benefitted from in writing hubs?

2. dailytop10 profile image91
    dailytop10posted 5 years ago

I decide to create a new hubpages account after reading a tip about focusing more on quality than quantity to have a much better potential to earn here. My old account has almost 200 hubs compared to this one that only has 30+. I am really amazed about the fact that this account earns more than my old one. This only proves that creating countless low-quality hubs will lead you nowhere.

I wish you all the best and good luck!

Louise Latelyposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Thanks for your reply dailytop10! I can see that your hubs are very focused and that you've found a niche - which is very important. I will definitely look into the option of creating another account, many thanks!

3. HoneyBB profile image97
    HoneyBBposted 5 years ago

I go back and delete words that add no flavor or meaning. For example, the word "very".  Sometimes, I change it to something else and sometimes I take it out. I also have a habit of putting the word "just" in my sentences and I do the same with that when needed. I try to make sure that every sentence adds something new or enhances something that I have said in the least amount of words without losing description.

Thank you for your tip HoneyBB -  this is really useful and I think printing a copy makes it easier to read. It's good to see your text with 'fresh' eyes!

4. donnah75 profile image96
    donnah75posted 5 years ago

Spellcheck, spellcheck, spellcheck.  Then check your grammar.  Hubs full of errors always get a "voted down" from me.  Paying attention to detail is important.  We all make mistakes, but when we see them, we must fix them.

I also believe that to improve hubs, writers must follow one of the golden rules of writing:  Write what you know.  If you don't know, learn it before you write about it.  We are all an authority on something, but we don't need to try to be an authority on everything.  Sharing our experience and what we know leads to the most honest, quality hubs.

donnah75, I totally agree that hubs are much more interesting if they come from someone with experience in the subject. It will attract other people 'in-the-know' and start meaningful discussions.

5. Faith A Mullen profile image84
    Faith A Mullenposted 5 years ago

I think that choosing attractive photos is of great importance for grabbing and keeping the attention of readers. I know that I am much more inclined to click a hub with a quality photo! Photos also give you an opportunity to promote your hub on social networks like Pinterest.

Hi Faith! I totally agree about the value of adding a good quality photo which is relevant to your hub - I am just starting to look into linking photos from my hubs to Pinterest which seems like a great platform to promote hubs.

6. Millionaire Tips profile image92
    Millionaire Tipsposted 5 years ago

My best hub improvement tip is to reread your hub as if it was the very first time you have ever seen it, as a reader.  If you can read it without any preconceived notions, you will likely find that there were some parts that did not read as smoothly as you thought. Wrong words, misspelled words, things that were copied and pasted incorrectly, etc.  You may find the formatting to need some help, or maybe you may come up with additional links that will help the viewer.   Every time I re-read one of my hubs, I can think of more things I can do to enhance the reading experience.

Hi Millionaire Tips! That's good advice - I will have a go at my older hubs an re-read them. Apparently editing hubs can also make your stats jump a bit...many thanks!

7. vibz profile image61
    vibzposted 5 years ago

I have benefited by writing How to's as there will always be chance for them to get more and more traffic. Hope this helps!

thanks vibz, really good tip - I will put that on my 'to do' list right now!

working