jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Do really well written hubs discourage you from writing about similar topics?

1. JessBraz profile image95
    JessBrazposted 5 years ago

Do really well written hubs discourage you from writing about similar topics?

If you've chosen to write about a certain topic and come across a really well written/popular hub already published on your chosen topic does it intimidate or discourage you?

2. pradiiphira profile image70
    pradiiphiraposted 5 years ago

NO...NEVER....

Just write hub in your way, your style, in your word, don't copy from that hub but be original and believe me  people love to read it.

Just Do It.!!!

3. flash167 profile image87
    flash167posted 5 years ago

I have to admit that sometimes it does.  I have never considered myself to be a good writer but I really do enjoy writing and sharing with other about the things that I am passionate about.

If I find something that I want to write about one of the first things I do is to check if someone else has covered the topic.  If I find something that is exceptionally good I usually don't cover the same topic.

When reading through the well written Hub on a topic I have an interest in, I try to learn from their writing technique.

Often as I read, I get inspired to write about something what wasn't covered or something that was only briefly mentioned.

4. JessBraz profile image95
    JessBrazposted 5 years ago

@flash167 ... thanks so much for your honesty! Much appreciated... I thought to ask this question of my fellow hubbers, as I've just experienced this.. I have only posted a few hubs so far. I was so excited when I got the chance to start a hub using one of hubpages exclusive titles, but when I started working on it earlier I took a break from editing to check out some hubs posted on my chosen topic and I came across one that was just amazing and it completely discouraged me. I've invested many hours into the few hubs I have posted and nobody seems to be really reading them. How on earth does a new hubber get confidence to stand out in the crowd when there's already so many great hubs out there on basically every subject you can think of.

I like your idea of trying to learn from other hubs writing technique..As well as drawing inspiration from things that they might not have fully covered. I went back and have decided to put a different spin on my hub while still sticking to the basic topic I wanted to write about. Great idea! Thanks for the inspiration!

working