jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

How do you keep track of your hubs after you publish over 100? By Groups? Any ne

1. Asp52 profile image88
    Asp52posted 5 years ago

How do you keep track of your hubs after you publish over 100? By Groups? Any new idea's?

2. Ms Dee profile image85
    Ms Deeposted 5 years ago

I do so by using the Groups feature, as you mentioned. This works fine for me. I should change the order in each grouping every once in a while, which I haven't been doing, in order to increase expossure of some of the hubs. I do not have any new ideas for you, however.

3. Sherry Hewins profile image96
    Sherry Hewinsposted 5 years ago

I don't have 100 yet, but, in addition to using groups, I find that sorting by the last changed date is helpful in making sure I'm keeping things updated, also sorting by page views in the last 30 days gives me a clue about which hubs may need tweaking.

4. Marisa Wright profile image97
    Marisa Wrightposted 5 years ago

If you've reached 100 Hubs, it may be time to sit down and think about your strategy.

In 2011 many changes were made to the site, and Hubbers with over 200 Hubs struggled to keep up with all the Hub revisions necessary.  Some of them had their Hubs unpublished because they failed to meet the deadline for updating them!  So personally, I wouldn't recommend anyone write more than 200 Hubs.

The other reason is - don't put all your eggs in one basket.  You have an Adsense account, you can use it to earn on other sites too.  You never know when HubPages might go broke, or get bought out, or change its rules in a way you don't like.  I don't think that's likely for HP, but several other writing sites are no longer in business, or have lost their good reputation.  You don't own this site so you can't be too careful.

Spread your work around Squidoo, Wizzley, Xobba, Infobarrel, Seekyt etc. Also, take a look at your traffic.  Is there a topic that's dong really well?  That would be a good topic to start your own blog on.

5. peachpurple profile image82
    peachpurpleposted 5 years ago

yes, i keep track of my hubs by group, easy to track the views and scores.

Closed to reply

working