jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (10 posts)

Google Adsense Questions

1. About-The-Home profile image60
    About-The-Homeposted 9 years ago

I had a google adsense account when I joined Hubpages, and applied to hubpages to use this account.
    After a few weeks my account status is still "Pending Your Response to Google Email".
    Unfortunately, I haven't had a Google email.
    Does this take quite a while?
    What happens to my clicks in the meantime?
    Can I add a url channel for my hubpages account and if so what url do I use?
    If I can't, then how do I track my hubpages clicks?

2. Mark Knowles profile image60
    Mark Knowlesposted 9 years ago

If you already have a google account, just add that ID to your affiliate settings page here on hubpages.

I don't think you need to wait for any email if you already have an account.

Your clicks are going to me and my evil friends. Broohahaha.....

Yes, - hubpages.com (they don't use the www)

You can, and the way to track them is through a URL channel at adsense. Login to your adsense account and click "add URL channel."

3. About-The-Home profile image60

Hi Mark

If you want my 2 cents worth you can have my 2 cents adsense earnings if that make (ad)sense.

No wonder you look so affluent. big_smile

Thanks for your reply. I've added the channel and then I should know if hubpages is crediting me with any adsense earnings.

GerryM

4. Misha profile image76
    Mishaposted 9 years ago

As far as can I recall, there is one more step on the google side. They somehow link Hubpages ads engine to your adsense account. I think you can find the page on your adsense account that does it even without email and make it manually, but I don't remember where that page is - four months passed since I was there sad

5. pauldeeds profile image
    pauldeedsposted 9 years ago

Check that you've granted access to "www.hubpages.com" on this page:

https://www.google.com/adsense/account-access

Also, be sure that you've given google the required tax information.  Those seem to be the most common stumbling blocks.  I do believe google should have sent you a confirmation email when you signed up or associated your account, but some people don't seem to get them.

6. About-The-Home profile image60

I'm so sorry guys, I feel such an idiot.

For some reason, way back when I applied for my Google Adsense account, I used a yahoo mail address.
    I never, ever use yahoo mail, so I've been patiently awaiting google's email into my usual inboxes.

So today I realized what I'd done, went straight over to yahoo and there it was, I replied and now I'm status live!!

Just think, I could have lost out on 50cents or so (or would that be too optimistic)

Thanks for your help.

GerryM

1. outspan profile image60
      outspanposted 9 years agoin reply to this

I think your earnings depend on a variety of aspects. If you write about economy, trading, forex exchange, mobile phone ringtones or other niches (which are usually quite boring to talk about) you're more likely to find google ads that pay more per click. But if they're not your passions, you'll probably end up writing low article qualities. I try to write about what I like and not worry about the rest smile.

7. Mark Knowles profile image60
    Mark Knowlesposted 9 years ago

It was 37 cents less my commission actually. And another chance to drop my new favorite smilie courtesy of gamergirl.

http://testbed.yeeshkul.com/upload/images/smilies/sexy.gif

8. About-The-Home profile image60

Thanks Outspan - You're picture looks a little orange (Joke)

9. outspan profile image60
    outspanposted 9 years ago

lol, indeed it does smile
    but the nick is actually taken from a book by Roddy Doyle (whom I like to call the Irish Stephen King -- except I don't like Stephen King).

working