jump to last post 1-10 of 10 discussions (12 posts)

Am I able to copy my own work from my blog

1. DeeBee3 profile image52
    DeeBee3posted 7 years ago

and use it on hubpages and vice versa? Or is considered duplicate content, something I know Google is not in favour of.

Thanking you in advance.

2. prettydarkhorse profile image67
    prettydarkhorseposted 7 years ago

google doesnt want duplicate content, I think they always post this question in forums, check the archive about this issue.

I used to write research articles and are published in journals,etc. I dont know also if I can summarize them and publish it here...

1. articleposter profile image59
      articleposterposted 7 years agoin reply to this

When it comes to Google, you should be fine if you give a link back tosource site / where you had your journals published.

But don't think you can get away with HubPages though, unless you rewrite them.

3. krizkins profile image60
    krizkinsposted 7 years ago

As long as there is seen duplicate of the script is considered duplication..and may be charged to plagiarism.. I have tried that when I copy pasted my own article to another page.

1. Uninvited Writer profile image84
      Uninvited Writerposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Plagiarism is a completely different thing. If you wrote it, you can republish it. However, the hub score will suffer. I have about 3 articles on Hub Pages that I had previously published elsewhere.

4. andromida profile image75
    andromidaposted 7 years ago

I think after publishing in hupages you can copy your works for our blog-in that case hubs won't lower your hub score.As far as Google is concerned they really do pay attention to copied articles.

5. relache profile image86
    relacheposted 7 years ago

HubPages clearly states in their FAQ that duplicate content will be purposely ranked down and that they want original content instead.

6. DeeBee3 profile image52
    DeeBee3posted 7 years ago

Cheers everyone for your advice.
    Will take this all in account.

7. articleposter profile image59
    articleposterposted 7 years ago

HubPages don't allow this. Your Hubscroe will be low if the content is deplicate.

Google don't like this either but...

When you consider that you are copying your own hub page blog then I don't think you have to wory about Google as Google will rank your very first hub that had the unique content above all the others.

8. profile image0
    Nelle Hoxieposted 7 years ago

It's a very bad habit to get into, if you want solid google rankings and are in this to make money.

9. prettydarkhorse profile image67
    prettydarkhorseposted 7 years ago

thanks articleposter and Nelle,

10. garethp1 profile image56
    garethp1posted 7 years ago

You shouldn't copy your own content, above all else it's a bad habit to get into and before you will be copying your content all over the interne.

working