jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

How to find whether my Hub is a duplicate?

1. Sonali Singh profile image61
    Sonali Singhposted 5 years ago

How to find whether my Hub is a duplicate?

How can I find out whether my Hub has same contents as any other articles. I tried using copyscape but not satisfied with it. Are there any other tools to find online.

2. Philanthropy2012 profile image88
    Philanthropy2012posted 5 years ago

The best way is to publish it knowing that you didn't copy large chunks from other sites.

The chances that you 'accidentally' wrote exactly the same 30 words as another article are so slim that you shouldn't worry about them.

If this actually did happen then HubPages will un-publish your hub for you and notify you that it is a duplicate.

At this point it's worth changing your hub around and then re-publishing.

HubPages are fairly fair when it comes to this and you won't get any strict punishment like banning until you do it many times.

3. Bake Like a Pro profile image76
    Bake Like a Proposted 5 years ago

Sometimes that's hard to do. I had two of my hubs marked for duplicate contents when I had written them myself. How many ways can you write about the same topic thousands if not millions have already written about !!! Of course some contents might seem dublicate. But just as it has been suggested do your own writing and hope for the best smile.

4. NateB11 profile image92
    NateB11posted 5 years ago

One way is to copy a piece of the Hub and paste it into Google search and search it, and if it appears on another site then you'll see it's copied. A Hubber named Don Fairchild covers this subject in very good detail in his Hub "Monitoring Your Hub's for Plagiarism". I highly recommend the article, I have used his suggestions and so have many other Hubbers.

Edit: Of course, your question is more about finding out if content is a duplicate by chance; my answer applies to Hubs which have been stolen. I think there's still a chance of finding duplicates with this method though. I consider it a pretty good method overall to know about. There's been a strange surge, I've noticed, of Hubbers discovering that their Hubs have been stolen, and many have discovered it using this method.

working