jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (7 posts)

At what point does a Hub stop being unique?

1. Elderberry Arts profile image98
    Elderberry Artsposted 5 years ago

At what point does a Hub stop being unique?

A magazine website have expressed an interest in one of my hubs and asked if they could use it. I explained that it cannot be published elsewhere online as it is but am wondering how much I would need to change it to mean that my hub remains within HubPages rules?

2. Spongy0llama profile image90
    Spongy0llamaposted 5 years ago

I imagine you would just need to make changes to the wording. We're lucky to be working in the English language because of our vast plethora of synonyms. We actually have the most words of almost every other language. The thesaurus is actually a foreign concept for most other languages.

Anyway, I imagine it would suffice to just go through the whole thing and change the wording while doing your best to maintain the original meaning. That way plagiarism seeking technology won't be able to tell the difference.

Elderberry Artsposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Thank you that's a big help.

3. peachpurple profile image82
    peachpurpleposted 5 years ago

if you want to publish you hub article in the magazine, remove the hub first and delete all the cache in google. Once, your hub title is not found in google search, you can do the publishing in the magazine. Another way is, change 60% of your article and the title, sub heading and publish in the magazine. Maybe, this will not be the same for hubpages...

The problem is I don't want to delete it from HubPages as it is my most popular hub. I would prefer to keep it here than hope it'd do as well or better somewhere else.

2. Spongy0llama profile image90
      Spongy0llamaposted 5 years agoin reply to this

My intuition says to leave it on HubPages. If it is your most popular hub, not only will it earn revenue for itself, but it will increase the attention you receive and draw potential viewers to other hubs of yours as well.

3. Elderberry Arts profile image98

That was my thoughts too. I have said I am happy to write something similar but that they cannot use my hub. Thanks for helping.

working