What would you like to see me write a hub on?

Jump to Last Post 1-3 of 3 discussions (6 posts)
  1. MarieAlana1 profile image69
    MarieAlana1posted 11 years ago

What would you like to see me write a hub on?

I would love ideas about what I should write a hub on.

2. Randy M. profile image72
    Randy M.posted 11 years ago

Here are some ideas:

1. What are the similarities and differences between love and joy? (related to your article on love and joy)
    2. What Jesus meant when he said, " your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit..." (I am just curious as to what you would say)
    3. Review your favorite appliances. (I have)
    4. Review your favorite books.
    5. Review your favorite restaurants.
    6. Review a favorite tourist attraction you are familiar with and have photos of.

Enough ideas?

MarieAlana1posted 11 years agoin reply to this

Thanks for the great suggestions! I'm building up the excitement for my Bob Evans restaurant review. I have been to the homestead several times. They have a museum there. Also, I'm thnking about the other suggestions as well. Thanks!

3. Emanate Presence profile image68
    Emanate Presenceposted 11 years ago

MarieAlana,

Randy gave excellent suggestions. He seems to be more familiar with your writing than I am, and that helps. I dropped by your profile again to get some feeling for your interests as a place to begin:

Children's education, Chicken Soup Books, gardening and cooking. Coffee, but you would like to move on from writing about it. Is that accurate?

You have already published a variety of hubs, with a few on your faith which seems important to you.

My first suggestion is selfish. I've been asked to re-write an old educational curriculum. It will come in the mail, probably within a month. My emphasis will be on values, quality of life and personal development. Partly it will be oriented towards a summer camp for 'at risk' children 6 - 18 years old. There will be also adult courses with a similar core focus. The language is Spanish (Kati and I are learning Spanish now) and the culture is strongly Catholic influenced.

I don't know what the old curriculum looks like, and it may even be best to start from zero. If you have interest later, I can share more about the volunteer assignment when I know more about it myself. We may become the educational directors, so that is a motive behind it.

A hub on how to approach the re-write in organized steps, with additional online resources linked, would be great!

Personally, I would also enjoy reading some of your Chicken Soup style stories.  Unless I have a strong interest in a subject and want to learn about it, like how to write a curriculum, I am more likely to read thoughtful short stories with insights based on true life experience than anything else.

Several of my hubs have been unexpectedly inspired from my participation in the Q & A section. A hubber asked how people feel about picking up hitch-hikers and it sparked me to re-write short stories from experience into three new hubs.

Some hubs came as suggested titles from that HubPages feature. You may know about it. You click on Start a New Hub and type a keyword or two, and a suggested exclusive title may come up. It set me off on self-assignments to re-write 'Is Destiny Real?' and write 'How to Regain Connection with Your Higher Self' and follow-up hubs. Lately there has not been so much of interest to me, but for a period it was a rich source of inspiring new hubs I had not considered.

I am already following your writing but don't always see notification of new hubs. If you happen to publish one on writing curriculum (no pressure or expectation!), would you be so kind as to drop me a note?

MarieAlana1posted 11 years agoin reply to this

This is very interesting. I would be willing to take a look. at it. I'm currently in college for k-8 education and I'm hoping to work in the field of curriculum later on. I would love to take a look at it.

2. Emanate Presence profile image68
      Emanate Presenceposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Very good. To clarify, the native language of the people is Spanish, however the curriculum will be written first in English. Also, though the culture has a strong Catholic influence, the curriculum will be religion-neutral. More to come!

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)