jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (5 posts)

Strange numbers on my "Traffic Sources" - says I've read my hubs when I haven't.

1. KrisL profile image86
    KrisLposted 5 years ago

Strange numbers on my "Traffic Sources" - says I've read my hubs when I haven't.
    Any guesses why?

When I look at "traffic sources," on my account page I sometimes find 5-8 reads from myself in the last 24 hours when I have not read any of my own hubs, or worked on a hub in draft.

Sometimes I do a google search to see if my hubs are on the first or second page of my rather specialized topic (how to write literary haiku). I never click on the links, but does my mousing over them, or looking at the links' existence on my computer count as a "read"?
    If that's not the problem, I guess it's just a weird error. Has anyone else seen it?

2. LCDWriter profile image95
    LCDWriterposted 5 years ago

It sounds like someone is reading one of your hubs and then clicking on another one at the bottom of the page (if you have them grouped together or even if it shows up in the suggested hubs list at the bottom).  If so then it sounds your subdomain as the source.  So they get to one KrisL article from another KrisL article then KrisL referred them. 

If you see someone else's subdomains on your traffic, that shows that they got to your hub from a hub by that author.

That's my guess about what is happening.

1. KrisL profile image86
      KrisLposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Oh, that would be a good thing, then! Thanks.

3. Gcrhoads64 profile image96
    Gcrhoads64posted 5 years ago

Maybe the views are coming from someone who views your profile, then clicks on one of your hubs. This is just a guess.  smile

1. KrisL profile image86
      KrisLposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Thanks for the answer.

working