jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Do Keywords Contained in Comments Improve SEO?

1. eugbug profile image98
    eugbugposted 4 years ago

Do Keywords Contained in Comments Improve SEO?

If lots of comments are added to hubs, and the comments are rich in keywords, does this content have any bearing on or improve ranking in Google searches?

2. gags3480 profile image81
    gags3480posted 4 years ago

Nice question. Even I am curious to know that.

3. Olivia-O profile image74
    Olivia-Oposted 4 years ago

I don't believe that the keywords in the comments would improve the SEO, because of the importance of keyword density.  Comments, like this one, tend to be off-the-cuff, and would probably end up diluting your keyword density.

However, I think that comments might not hurt you overall in the search engines, since it certainly looks to me like high-traffic pages rank higher in the search engines than low-traffic pages.  If you can encourage a discussion in the comments, some of your commenters will promote the discussion to people they know, which will attract new readers and boost your traffic, which should help balance the keyword dilution.

4. Susana S profile image98
    Susana Sposted 4 years ago

To some extent yes. Google does "read" the comments as part of the page content as I have often seen part of a comment come up in the article summary in the search results. So the more comments you have the more long tail keywords you'll have also.

working