jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (7 posts)

Is it normal for ALL your hubs to be featured?

1. Cas Merchant profile image60
    Cas Merchantposted 5 years ago

Is it normal for ALL your hubs to be featured?

Every one of my hubs is featured. Is HP really liberal with the 'featured' hubs? I KNOW it's not expert writing...i'm not an experienced writer and I have a lot to learn. So...can I get a second opinion?

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/7856409_f260.jpg

2. susi10 profile image94
    susi10posted 5 years ago

Hi Cas Merchant,
    It's great to hear that all of your hubs are featured. I know what you are saying, HP are sort of liberal when it comes to accepting a new hub into the 'featured' category. All of my hubs are featured except for one which is very short (obvious!). So, I would say that it's pretty normal to have all of your hubs featured. As long as they are long enough (750+ words), a few pictures and a poll etc, your hub is most likely to be featured. Good Luck in all your work!

3. brianrock profile image87
    brianrockposted 5 years ago

Yeah, they're pretty liberal with handing out the term "featured."

In terms of getting initially featured, it's easy to get a hub through QAP and get featured. Assuming you've got a well written, well organized hub with some media, then it should end up being featured no problem.

In the long term, all you need is a half dozen to a dozen search engine visits each month to keep a hub featured. If your hubs have searchable titles and content (i.e. they answer a question or address a topic that people are going to be searching for), then it shouldn't be hard to achieve that.

However, I noticed that most of your hubs are relatively new. Hubs are given a grace period (it used to be two months or so, but now it's going to be longer) in which to get some visits. Sometimes it takes a few weeks or even a few months before a hub floats up to a stable position in the search engine results. So it could be that all of your hubs are still within that grace period.

After a hub has been published for about two or three months, take a look at your traffic stats. If the hub is in the double digits in the "30 day" column, then you've got nothing to worry about. If it's single digits, then the hub might lose its featured status sometime in the future when that grace period is over.

Cas Merchantposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Thanks for explaining that. I can considr it a compliment, then that at least my hubs are decent quality!.

4. duffsmom profile image60
    duffsmomposted 5 years ago

It's my understand featured only means available to the public and so they are all either featured or they are idle.  All of mine are featured as well except when they go idle and I need to edit a word or two.

Cas Merchantposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Well, at least my hubs aren't idled. That makes me feel better...thank you!

5. Cas Merchant profile image60
    Cas Merchantposted 5 years ago

For some reason, I can't reply using the comment button. Thank you for responding, duffsmom, that explanation makes more sense!

working