jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (8 posts)

Has everyone else been limited to 2 ads from Ebay and Amazon?

1. carol7777 profile image89
    carol7777posted 4 years ago

Has everyone else been limited to 2 ads from Ebay and Amazon?

I noticed that others still post many ads from Ebay and Amazon and I am allowed only 2.  My hubs are long enough so I know that is not a problem.

2. Don Bobbitt profile image94
    Don Bobbittposted 4 years ago

Carol7777- Yes, it has happened to me also.
    They have now automatically limited your ads to a maximum of two per. They now want you to put short (max of 2) boxes on the side of your sections. So, you need to go back and do some updates to your Hubs if you want to control the actual ads seen.
    DON

3. mackyi profile image65
    mackyiposted 4 years ago

I have recently noticed this Carol7777. If you are someone like myself who is not  in the habit of changing recommended products from these merchants on occasion, then chances are you might not  even be aware of this soon enough. I am wondering why have they made this change?

4. janshares profile image95
    jansharesposted 4 years ago

I think if your hub had more than two before change was implemented, they can stay. But as soon as you open hub to edit mode, you have to cut ads to two. I've been changing mine as I update/edit. Bummer though, right? The thing I'm not sure about is if once you open hub to edit and don't change to 2, will you be penalized by QAP.

5. Faith Reaper profile image87
    Faith Reaperposted 4 years ago

I read that you can have an ad for every 50 words in your hub, but evidently that has now changed.

6. bravewarrior profile image92
    bravewarriorposted 4 years ago

Yes, but you can bring in more than one Amazon or Ebay capsule to make up the difference.

7. bac2basics profile image88
    bac2basicsposted 4 years ago

Hi Carol. I wanted to change some poducts on a hub the other day and was advised of this new policy, but as far as I can make out it´s all to do with overuse of keywords. The hub was about how to grow your salad and veg in a small space- container gardening, and I had selected a lot of amazon book with the title.. container gardening  hence the warning. So I selected only 2 books with this title and added gardening tools and equipment instead and as far as I am aware all are advertised and have been accepted on the hub. I am just going to check and will be back with you in a minute.
    Yes I just checked and all the amazon products I chose without using so many keywords are there on the hub.

8. Sue Bailey profile image83
    Sue Baileyposted 4 years ago

As long as you don't edit your older hubs the amount of eBay and Amazon ads remains the same.  If you edit anything they revert to 2.  You can put in more capsules though

working