How does the 'scoring' of a hub work?

1. Mekenzie profile image84
    Mekenzieposted 4 years ago

How does the 'scoring' of a hub work?

One of my hubs has a score of 100 today but shows NO visits in the past 24 hours.  I have another hub with a score in the 80's but this hub shows almost 200 visits in 24 hours. I am assuming visits are an indication of popularity - am I right?  But I do not understand who determines the score on a hub or what criteria goes into the system of scoring a hub.

2. Faith Reaper profile image89
    Faith Reaperposted 4 years ago

Wow, first off, congratulations Mekenzie!  And I see your profile score is also a perfect 100! 

Well, it is a mystery to me, however, I do not believe it is a "who" but rather "bots that scan the system at night"?  In other words, most likely Google keyword search and other factors.  In addition, being well-written of course is very key!  And your hubs are all very well-written.The new system they have implemented does help to reach the "evergreen" status.  I know at least 700 or higher words in a hub, plus so many images/photos, video, poll, maybe a map, all help.  Also, though, I was under the impression that the amount of views a hub received did determine for the most part the score, but obviously that is not the case.  I will follow this question, as I am curious as to what others have to say.

God bless, Faith Reaper

1. Mekenzie profile image84
      Mekenzieposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Hi Faith,  The "evergreen" helps are so AWESOME!  I've been going through my hubs bit by bit and updating them.  I appreciate ALL of the help from the hubpages staff - they are AWESOME! Wish someone held a clear answer to this question though. smile

working