jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (5 posts)

Does Hub Pages track my browsing history?

1. flacoinohio profile image81
    flacoinohioposted 4 years ago

Does Hub Pages track my browsing history?

I am noticing that some of the advertisements on hubs are advertisements for items that I have been researching on line.  I may be acting paranoid but I have been researching pull behind reel finishing mowers to use to mow my yard, they are suddenly all over Hub Pages.  I do not think that there are that many people looking for non-motorized pull behind mowers, the types and.The same goes for binoculars and other lawn care equipment that I have been looking at to include Amish tools I looked up which are job specific tools that I had to research in depth to find.  Has anyone else noticed this?

2. profile image0
    JThomp42posted 4 years ago

I think that would be Google tracking your browsing history.

1. Dreamhowl profile image97
      Dreamhowlposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Agreed - I think Google is the culprit here.

3. profile image0
    Jennifer Sucheyposted 4 years ago

You'll also find items you browsed for at dictionary.com and many other places. I think FB maybe. Yeah might be a Google thing as previous post said. I was a little weirded out when I came on HubPages and saw an ad for the very two tiered produce basket I own. I had just looked it up on Amazon to use it in an ad on my blog. It's a little creepy, isn't it?

4. Efficient Admin profile image91
    Efficient Adminposted 4 years ago

Same thing has happened to me. I bought some clothes from a certain clothing store online and now advertisements for them are all over the place:  my yahoo email and even hubpages and other websites that I visit.  Now I am getting tired of seeing this clothing store LOL.

working