jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (13 posts)

Traffic fallen off a cliff today

1. molometer profile image85
    molometerposted 4 years ago

Traffic fallen off a cliff today

My traffic is at an all time low. Is this a site-wide issue and is it related to the other tech issues that seem to be causing havoc around here ?
    My hubs were flying 2 days ago, now they have been torpedoed and sunk like a lead balloon.
    I know i'm mixing my metaphors. So shot me lol.

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/7955569_f260.jpg

2. tillsontitan profile image86
    tillsontitanposted 4 years ago

It is so hard to judge...traffic goes up then traffic goes down. I don't think I've ever seen it stay steady.  Older hubs that are popular seem to hang in there but it is so hard to tell.

molometerposted 4 years agoin reply to this

I know what you mean but this seems terminal. I have several hubs that answer specific tech questions which always get good traffic. Even these are floundering. It's a debacle lol.

tillsontitanposted 4 years agoin reply to this

For some strange reason things seem to be picking up today, 6/11.

3. justom profile image70
    justomposted 4 years ago

I think it has a lot to do with the crack HP team,,,that is I think they're smoking crack. They keep sending me e-mails telling me some of my hubs are below their standards (which, IMO, aren't very high to begin with). People read my hubs and seem to enjoy them so I could not care less what the no talent ingrates think. Now that I've vented I think I'll go play in real traffic :-) Hope all's well with you!!

Hi Justom and thanks for 'cracking' me up. I did actually lol when i read your comment. Think I'll go play in the traffic too ha ha.

tillsontitanposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Either of you need company in traffic?

4. profile image0
    PWalker281posted 4 years ago

I wonder if it's another Panda/Penguin update. HubPages seems to be susceptible to these. Also, have you been publishing a lot? I stopped publishing several months ago and while I still have decent page views, the CPM on those views plummeted, so I'm not making nearly what I used to. Not sure if not publishing is the cause. Just speculating.

I actually removed 22 hubs that had plummeted thinking that they might be the issue but apparently not. The traffic is just dying.

5. Sue Bailey profile image83
    Sue Baileyposted 4 years ago

Mine has dropped significantly in the last couple of weeks. More so since there were problems with updating HubPages earnings; not sure if there's a connection or not.  I would say my earnings are 50% down for some reason.  It's getting very tedious.  I'm not surprised hubbers are leaving in droves to go to more lucrative, less restrictive sites.

I know what you mean Sue. It is a pain to be constantly fire fighting over here.

2. Express10 profile image88
      Express10posted 4 years agoin reply to this

I am in agreement. with you both here.

6. Efficient Admin profile image92
    Efficient Adminposted 4 years ago

You're not the only one. I was getting 65-80 hits a day (which is not much) but then it dropped like a lead balloon down to about 25-40 per day.

working