My hubs don't seem to be scored really high what am I missing?

Jump to Last Post 1-7 of 7 discussions (20 posts)
  1. Has_aWayWithWords profile image63
    Has_aWayWithWordsposted 14 years ago

Can anyone please take a look at my hubs and give me some insight. Highest score was 78 now they are falling. I have 6 hubs none higher than 73 and most in low 60s.

Has_aWayWithWordsposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Thanks for the info.   I will check out the capsules hub and see how to use them better. The word count is over 400 on all of them and a couple of them are upwards of 800 words so that shouldn't be the problem. I will keep orking to improve them.

1. profile image0
        Kenrick Chatmanposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I am new like you Has_... I joined 6 days ago. You may want to sign up for Copyscape premium to see how unique your content is.

1. Marisa Wright profile image86
          Marisa Wrightposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Kenrick, that's not really necessary, because if your Hub is copied somewhere else, HubPages will let you know - you'll get warnings on your Statistics page.

1. profile image0
            Kenrick Chatmanposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Thanks for the tip Marisa.

2. Karina S. profile image61
        Karina S.posted 14 years agoin reply to this

add pictures

2. warchild75 profile image63
      warchild75posted 14 years agoin reply to this

i would try adding a couple more picture and a video or two other than that i wouldnt worry too much none of mine score that high think the highest is 88 and i still make money!!!! smile

2. Marisa Wright profile image86
    Marisa Wrightposted 14 years ago

They look too short, for one thing.  They seem to have more content than they really do, because you have all the capsules one after the other.

I know I keep posting this link in the forums but there's a good reason - every new Hubber should understand how to use Capsules:

http://hubpages.com/hub/capsules

Split your text up over several capsules and float your photo and Amazon/eBay capsules to the right of the text capsules.

If you can't write 400 words, don't write a Hub.  As Nelle Hoxie has just posted on another thread, her high-earning Hubs are a lot longer - from 800 to 1,500 words.

They must also be original content - and I mean unique to Hubpages, not one of your own articles that you've already published elsewhere.  HubPages penalizes duplicate content, even if it's your own.

3. thranax profile image73
    thranaxposted 14 years ago

Longer hubs and more elements of them help. Also factors like traffic go into the score. You only been here for 3 days, I had a hub that stayed at 67 jumped to 92 then now averages around 73. Most hubbers ignore hubscore to some extent because no one know the exact way there monitored.

~thranax~

1. Marisa Wright profile image86

..and also, Hubscore doesn't have any impact on your earnings.

4. profile image0
    shazwellynposted 14 years ago

construct the hub as you would like to view an article yourself. Be critical of it and try and improve it by taking a step back as if you hadnt written it.  It might be a good idea to revisit them after a day or two so you can see with fresh eyes.  Hope this helps x

1. profile image0
      AuthorLMSposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I was wondering if someone could view my hubs. I am at 92 with 19 hubs on it but hardly any comments or not many followers. Not complaining too much I am at 92 but what are hubs without readers? I read other peoples hubs as well as comment, I continue to add but my score will fall before it will rise. Would like to know what to do from here. Thanks in advance.

Lisa

http://hubpages.com/profile/AuthorLMS

1. zephyrus profile image59
        zephyrusposted 14 years agoin reply to this

No one reads my articles either. If I had the slightest idea what I was doing that'd be cool. I just like to write.
        I just read your "Rambling thoughts", which is good because it really spoke to my current situation.

But I agree with some of the others to a point, if you are making some money with your hub, what difference does the score make? But at the same time, it is nice to get a pat on the back every once in a while, too.

Lisa - first of all, don't post a link to yor profile or Hubs in your signature, it's not allowed at HubPages. 

If you want Hubbers to give you feedback, start your own thread in Extreme Hub Makeover with links to just a couple of your Hubs. 

Bear in mind that comments generally come from other Hubbers. Once you've been here a few months, you'll discover that Hubbers are a drop in the ocean compared to the readers you get from outside HubPages (who are the ones that earn you money, too).

5. Alessia Amnesia profile image60
    Alessia Amnesiaposted 14 years ago

I think the hubs themselves are written quite well. The titles are what made me not really want to read them.

"Why is Tiger Woods Hiding" should be "Why Tiger Woods is Hiding"

A title that is a question makes it seem like you don't really know what you're talking about. If you ARE asking your audience a question, you should put a question mark behind it.

Otherwise, your hubs are excellently written.

Has_aWayWithWordsposted 14 years agoin reply to this

alessia, thank you for your feedback. I try to write in such a way that it is easy to read and understand. I guess your assessment of the title on some makes sense. I am trying to make my hubs to serve multiple purposes. One I want to write and share information. I like the interaction and I enjoy helping people anyway I can. The second is to add a little extra income, this is where the title and keywords come in and I just haven't figured it out yet. I had an article I put on Associated content that is very similar to one I wrote for here and it made 1st page of google for it's key phrase. Hubs just aren't getting that recognition for me here yet.

1. Alessia Amnesia profile image60
        Alessia Amnesiaposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Well, you seem to be an excellent writer. I'm pretty new here myself, but have noticed that being active in the forums gives me an average of 1 new follower per day.

It's too early.  Hubs seem to take a while to work their way up the rankings, but once they get going, they do well.  Wait three to six months and you may get some nice surprises!

6. Petra Vlah profile image60
    Petra Vlahposted 14 years ago

Fanny thing how scores are being calculated on H/P

I saw a 92 score for a person that has 3 hubs (2 of which are about food cooking) and has been on H/P for less than 1 month

I also saw scores of 74-76 for very active hubers with over 180 hubs in 5 months.
    All of them well written (I do not much care for the point of view expressed), but I have to admit they are great read, informative, over 800-1200 plenty of videos, etc.

So what is the criteria for calculating scores?!

Who cares!!!!!!!!!

7. chinweike profile image59
    chinweikeposted 14 years ago

The scores have not really been my concern. What i am currently concentrating on now is to create more quality hubs and then drive traffic to them

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)