jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (8 posts)

What is more important - a great URL or a great title?

1. rajan jolly profile image89
    rajan jollyposted 4 years ago

What is more important - a great URL or a great title?

2. internpete profile image90
    internpeteposted 4 years ago

Great title.

The URL should contain some of your keywords, as should the title, but the title is what people will read first, and it must grab their attention.

1. Abby Campbell profile image95
      Abby Campbellposted 4 years agoin reply to this

I agree.

3. MsDora profile image96
    MsDoraposted 4 years ago

I have always wondered the same thing, since I keep changing my titles when I stop getting readers.  I don't really know the answer but I will follow this question to read other answers.  Thanks for asking the question, Rajan.

4. janshares profile image97
    jansharesposted 4 years ago

Definitely a great title is best because you have the option to change it to accommodate the way people search for your article. You cannot change the url. Since you can't change it, I suppose it needs to be a good match to the content in case people see the url first.

5. Abby Campbell profile image95
    Abby Campbellposted 4 years ago

From everything I've read about SEO (search engine optimization), both the URL and title are important. I believe this is why the URL automatically picks up the title when we create a new hub. If your hub is no longer attracting readers and you change the title, your URL stays the same. This is unfortunate in a way, but is good if you have links back to that particular hub. You don't want your reader ending up with a 404 error page.

6. mary615 profile image92
    mary615posted 4 years ago

I believe a great title is more important.  When my traffic slows down on a Hub, I change the Title and it will pick up.

7. Vinaya Ghimire profile image88
    Vinaya Ghimireposted 4 years ago

Titles can be changed but URL cannot. Once your article is published online, you have a permanent URL. On the other hand, if a certain title does not work, you can always change it. Besides, who in the online world is going to remember the URL. It is the title that gets clicks.

working