Do the Red and Blue triangles actually mean anything?

1. Sue Bailey profile image81
    Sue Baileyposted 4 years ago

Do the Red and Blue triangles actually mean anything?

Oh I know what they are supposed to mean but I don't see that they are representative of what is happening with a hub.  When I get one or sometimes two red triangles or a blue one I check out the stats but they never show a corresponding jump or drop in visitors. Am I misinterpreting something?

2. profile image96
    Robbie C Wilsonposted 4 years ago

You are understanding their purpose correctly. One red arrow is an increase in traffic and two is a big increase in traffic. I have only seen one blue arrow, not sure if two is possible. It is a rough guide in my experience as not all the hubs that have suddenly jumped either way get an arrow. I don't put any real stock in them, although I like to see a few red arrows makes me feel that all is good in the world (of HubPages).

3. Susana S profile image99
    Susana Sposted 4 years ago

Not much!

Because the arrows work on percentages they show up much more often on hubs with very low traffic. So if a hub that normally gets 5 views per day gets 10, that's a 100% increase and a red arrow will show up. If a hub with 500 views per day, gets an extra 100 then there's no arrow because it's "only" a 20% increase.

Closed to reply

working