jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (5 posts)

Do we have to put tags somewhere on our hubs so that they become searchable on s

1. Suhail and my dog profile image90
    Suhail and my dogposted 4 years ago

Do we have to put tags somewhere on our hubs so that they become searchable on search engines?

Although 9 of my 10 hubs are featured, when I try to search for them on any search engine using key words as test cases, I never get them listed in the search engines matter. Is this normal? I was wondering if we have to put some key words somewhere on our hubs while creating or editing them so that the hubs become searchable. I need some advice on how to make our hubs easily searchable by, say, google.

2. NateB11 profile image93
    NateB11posted 4 years ago

There's no way to put tags in Hubs. You can put keywords in the title and text of the Hub. It is best to put a couple keywords in the beginning of the Hub and title, but not to over-do it. Though, in HubPages tutorial on search-friendly titles, they don't advise writers to look up keywords for titles, but just to make the titles search-friendly.

Suhail and my dogposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Thank you Nate. I just wanted to confirm if I was missing some area while building or editing my hubs.

3. ClarkSteveB profile image80
    ClarkSteveBposted 4 years ago

Read up on the use of nofollow by HP. Most notable is the fact that if your hubscore is not high enough, then your hubs are not found by search engines.  It is an important fact to know.

Suhail and my dogposted 4 years agoin reply to this

This makes sense. Thanks Clark.

working