jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (5 posts)

Why did my comments go from 33 to 19?

1. Theophanes profile image98
    Theophanesposted 4 years ago

Why did my comments go from 33 to 19?

Anyone else have mysteriously disappearing comments? I admit lately I've been really bad at approving/getting back to them but that doesn't mean I wanted them to disappear....

2. Au fait profile image94
    Au faitposted 4 years ago

At the top of the comments page just above the first comment you will see a button that says "sort by hub" and to its immediate right another button next to where it says "filter."

Click on the button next to filter that says "unmoderated."  It will give you a drop down menu that includes the choices:  unmoderated, approved, denied, Spam.  Click on "denied" and after you see if there's anything in that file, click on "Spam," and see if there is anything in that file.

When you have checked both of those files out be sure to click back on unmoderated so that you will be able to see all of your comments that are waiting for a response.

If you don't find your lost comments in one of those files I don't know what more to tell you.  HP sometimes puts them in there for a variety of reasons.

3. Theophanes profile image98
    Theophanesposted 4 years ago

Au Fait - HubPages is being really weird... I can't respond to you directly. Anyway, I did what you said and there was a TON of comments, many I'd never seen, in the spam section that weren't spam. I marked them as "not spam" and now they've disappeared from all pages. Many had somewhat controversial (but on topic) content. They're not showing up on the articles themselves either. UGH. Should have read them first I guess.

1. Au fait profile image94
      Au faitposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Be sure to check your hubs carefully.  If they are in the comments section they will be in the order they were received.  So if you have a lot of comments, the ones in the denied or Spam folders may be quite old and near the beginning of the comments

2. Theophanes profile image98
      Theophanesposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Up... found them.... they went from spam to denied. Eeesh! I wonder if I am just off tonight or if HP really is being weird. Usually don't have this much trouble! Thanks again!

working