jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (9 posts)

Why are we seeing the same old not so good hubs featured on front pages?

1. lemonkerdz profile image93
    lemonkerdzposted 4 years ago

Why are we seeing the same old not so good hubs featured on front pages?

Is it that there are so few new hubs published or people getting bored with HP?

2. profile image0
    JThomp42posted 4 years ago

Because you have the same people who take turns sharing one another's hubs. I think there should be a rule that an individual can only share a hub one time period.

lemonkerdzposted 4 years agoin reply to this

does it not defeat the purpose on getting outside viewers instead of patting each others backs on HP, don't get me wrong its great to get feed back but if thats all we get is it really worth it?

2. profile image0
      JThomp42posted 4 years agoin reply to this

Great question!!

3. Abby Campbell profile image94
      Abby Campbellposted 4 years agoin reply to this

JThomp42, are they not the more popular and featured hubs? I'm confused by the "share."

4. profile image0
      JThomp42posted 4 years agoin reply to this

No. Not necessarily. Anyone can share their "buddy's" hub.

3. Susana S profile image97
    Susana Sposted 4 years ago

It's because it tends to be the older hubs that get the most traffic and traffic is one of the main things factored into whether a hub is featured on the main topic pages.

It's always been this way.

lemonkerdzposted 4 years agoin reply to this

should it not be though that new hubs are added there and if a hub is good quality it will be found anyway?

2. Susana S profile image97
      Susana Sposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Just to let you know the answer you've chosen is based on nonsense! New hubs have to prove themselves - the algorithm that promotes hubs on topic pages takes many, many elements into consideration.

working