jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (4 posts)

Can someone help me better understand hits vs. impressions?

1. anotherleftturn profile image76
    anotherleftturnposted 4 years ago

Can someone help me better understand hits vs. impressions?

I've looked through the FAQs and I still don't quite understand the difference between page views-hits that show up on my account tab, and the impressions I'm paid for that show up on the earnings tab. For the past week, my impression total is half that of my hit total; is that normal?

2. rebekahELLE profile image88
    rebekahELLEposted 4 years ago

An impression takes place when a page is fully opened and your  affiliate code is in rotation.  We share 60% of impressions.  A view is calculated whenever the page is opened regardless of the 60/40 rotation.  So it is perfectly normal that impressions will be lower than views.  I'm almost certain that for an impression to take place, the page has to fully open to display all ads.  Some viewers may bounce off the page before the page fully loads which may account for less impressions.

1. jonathanago profile image82
      jonathanagoposted 4 years agoin reply to this

It can be normal, but it all depends on the analytics service that you use.

3. jonathanago profile image82
    jonathanagoposted 4 years ago

A WebPage Impressions is the number of pages and/or number of times your website visitor goes to your page in a given day, week, month or year.

WebPage Impressions and WebSite Hits are the same time.

To answer your last question, I will need to know which site analytics service you are using? google analytics? or something internal?

if you aren't using google analytics, then please use it. It is far more accurate than anything out there in the market. Just plug a javascript code into your page and google analytics will monitor anything happening to your site.

hope this answer was helpful.