Is there a rule against posting my articles here on my blog or visa-versa?

1. profile image53
    Dreamcrafterposted 4 years ago

Is there a rule against posting my articles here on my blog or visa-versa?

So I was wondering if I would be able to post what I write here somewhere else like my blog without breaking a rule. From what I briefly saw in the rules it looks like we own all the rights to our writing when we post something here. So there wouldn't be a problem if we took OUR work and used it in something else along with hubpages, right?
    If that is allowed then how about the reverse. If I had a blog post (of good quality) or some article I wrote for someone else that allowed it would I be able to also post it here?

2. galleryofgrace profile image82
    galleryofgraceposted 4 years ago

You cannot post your articles from HP anywhere else. It will get flagged as a duplicate.   You can post links that will bring readers to HP to read your articles.
    Yes, they do belong to you but if you want to stay on HP do not duplicate them. A link and an introductory blurb is enough.

3. Billie Kelpin profile image88
    Billie Kelpinposted 4 years ago

This was a hard rule for me to accept, but you can't post your article on HP again your blog or vice versa. 
    However, what is acceptable and quite a good practice, I believe, is to write a paragraph or two about your hubpages topic on your blog and link your blog to hubpages article. 

For  example, for my hub about "How to Publish a Children's Ebook," I wrote a blog entry entitled "How to Publish A Children's BOOK. (I was careful not to use the EXACT same title) and then I wrote this blog entry:
    "Presumptuous title, this one, but I needed to get important keywords in for the search engines, and "Billie's Mistakes to Avoid," didn't seem like the way to go when I published this article on  I really did try to cover many of the pitfalls I encountered when publishing 'Lucky, the Left-Pawed Puppy,' and I think you'll find at least a little something useful in this article on hubpages whether you're publishing your ebook for children or a wider age range..." 

Then I grabbed the screen shots from my hub article and linked that blog entry here to hubpages.  The concept is that hubpages needs EXCLUSIVE articles, but advertising those on your blog without copying the content is permissible,as I understand it.  Of course, this is only MY own interpretation of the rules and you'll get others to explain their individaul take of this rule. I find the staff at hubpages most responsive in email a question when I'm not sure of a rule.  Cheers, Billie