jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (6 posts)

My own content from another site...

1. abacusmage profile image56
    abacusmageposted 9 years ago

I have recently joined Hub and it looks like a fun, well done site. My only problem is that most of my articles are posted somewhere else. When I uploaded one of my articles over here, it came up as a duplicate and got my score decreased. How can I avoid that? I don't want them to think that I am just spamming the site and eventually ending up being kicked out.

Thanks in advance.

1. LdsNana-AskMormon profile image87
      LdsNana-AskMormonposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Although I am only amongst the dummies here in the forums.  I am approaching 'expert' status on your one question.

You may post your own original content...  but IF it is also in another location on the world-wide Internet -- IT WILL be flagged, when found by HP spiders and penalized.

You are perfectly within your 'rights' to publish here, but not without penalty, which does affect overall score.

HP policy... please go the the F.A.Q. page - is CLEAR, that they love 'original, unique and quality content'.

But, publish away... at your own peril!  lol

I hope I answered this sufficiently, as I am not an Expert, but expert in my personal experience here on HP, with this issue.

I was mentored by Marissa, I believe, on this point - who is a good forum expert here.

tDMg
      LdsNana-AskMormon
      Kathryn

2. profile image0
    treseroposted 9 years ago
  3. abacusmage profile image56

Thanks tresero. I might go for the penalty because I don't want to re-write any of it.

1. LdsNana-AskMormon profile image87
      LdsNana-AskMormonposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Please be advised right here and right now...  From only my personal experience, unless you submit to HP for a status to clear your content - it will most likely incur more than one penalty.

My experience has been, that a Hub that violates policy rules, can and most likely will - be flagged numerously - until it achieves a 'cleared' status by HP.

Be advised -- unless an Expert, who knows different than my personal experience can  show different than this...

Kathryn

4. abacusmage profile image56

Expert or not, you answered me perfectly. Thanks big_smile

working