jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

Do you ever follow new Hubbers who have few hubs or followers?

1. drpennypincher profile image94
    drpennypincherposted 4 years ago

Do you ever follow new Hubbers who have few hubs or followers?

Today I came across a really great Hub after checking out a Hubber who left a couple intelligent comments on my Hubs.  He only had one hub and no followers, but I was impressed with everything I saw and decided to follow him.

Do you ever follow new Hubbers with almost no track record?

2. BizGenGirl profile image88
    BizGenGirlposted 4 years ago

I do sometimes. It depends on how new they are, and if they have at least one hub or not. The hub doesn't always need to be good for me, though it helps if it is. I look at it like this: Part of the reason I became so prolific on hubpages, was because it is such a welcoming community. Even when I only had a few hubs, there were people interested in finding out what else I knew or had to say. That's a big boost of encouragement, especially for anyone whose already taken the time to read and comment on a hub of yours wink

3. Express10 profile image88
    Express10posted 4 years ago

It simply depends on whether I like their hubs or not. I have done this and would do it again, there are lots of interesting topics and some people will draw your interest more than others.

4. LongTimeMother profile image97
    LongTimeMotherposted 4 years ago

Even if I don't follow them, I vote and leave an encouraging comment. smile

5. ChristinS profile image96
    ChristinSposted 4 years ago

Yes, if they are active and their hubs seem interesting.  Some 0 hub folks I am leery of because it seems there are signups for the sole sake of scraping and spamming though.

6. CraftytotheCore profile image81
    CraftytotheCoreposted 4 years ago

Yes, DrP, I like to encourage new writers and have made some good friends along the way!

7. profile image0
    sheilamyersposted 4 years ago

Most of the time I'll check their profile if they're following me and leaving comments. If they don't yet have any hubs, I generally wait until they publish a few before I follow them. If I'm interested in the topics about which they write or they get me interested because they include a lot of info that gets me hooked, I'll follow them.

working