Have you edited what kind of ads appear on your hubs through Adsense?
In Adsense, it seems that you can manage the types of ads that get put on your hub. For example, there are "controversial" ads (gambling, religious, porn) or "obnoxious" ads (like ones that go into fullscreen if a mouse hovers over it. It seems that you can disable certain types of ads. Have you ever done this? Did you notice any change in your earnings if you did?
No, i have not done this yet. Anyways, time will tell. Keep exploring.
I came across a nice Hub yesterday regarding children. The adsense ads were for a dating site. I was most surprised. I didn't realize we could disable certain ads. That's good to know.
Yes, but it only affects the ads that appear on your 60% of the views. The other 40% under HubPages AdSense will still have any type of ad unless they filtered out some too.
I am using this filtering mainly to avoid unwanted ads on my business site, where 100% of all ads are with my AdSense account.
by bangingbeauty 7 years ago
Hi, I joined HubPages about 2 weeks ago and I'm constantly finding ways to improve my hubs. I start most of my hubs with images, causing the advertisements to appear towards the middle or end of my hubs. I read that it is better to have advertisements appear at the top of hubs. Should I redo my...
by Nalini Marquez 4 years ago
Hello,Could I please get help from a moderator regarding ads that were disabled from a moderator on one of my hubs?I know that we are supposed to contact HubPages and not post in the forum regarding the disabling of ads by moderators but I contacted HubPages both through HP and through email on...
by StormsHalted 2 years ago
Currently my hubs are running ads through both the HP ad program and Google Adsense (External Affiliate). I am thinking of disabling the Adsense ads on a few hubs only considering that it will raise the CPM of HP ads. Disabling on only a few hubs because if I disable it altogether my Adsense...
by stevenjs 11 years ago
Greetings, I signed up at HUB.com, wrote an article, and applied for AdSense. Somehow, they sent me an acceptance email stating: "Your Google AdSense application has been approved. You'll soon begin to see relevant Google ads appear on hubpages.com/profile/stevenjs" I do not want ads to...
by Billy Haynes 6 years ago
How do I disable adsense ads so hubpage ad program is enabled?I previously asked what was better, adsense or hubpage ads for earnings and I want to disable Google ads and try Hubpage ads for a month on their own...how can I set this up?
by Donna Campbell Smith 5 years ago
I am not seeing any ads on my Hubs. Is there something I've done wrong? There used to be ads.
Copyright © 2019 HubPages Inc. and respective owners. Other product and company names shown may be trademarks of their respective owners. HubPages® is a registered Service Mark of HubPages, Inc. HubPages and Hubbers (authors) may earn revenue on this page based on affiliate relationships and advertisements with partners including Amazon, Google, and others.
HubPages Inc, a part of Maven Inc.
|HubPages Device ID||This is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.|
|Login||This is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.|
|HubPages Traffic Pixel||This is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.|
|Remarketing Pixels||We may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.|
|Conversion Tracking Pixels||We may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.|