Will adding dividers to a hub lower my hubscore?

1. April Dawn Meyer profile image81
    April Dawn Meyerposted 4 years ago

Will adding dividers to a hub lower my hubscore?

I just added some dividers between capsules on my hub and it said that most people prefer hubs without dividers and asked if I wanted the system to automatically fix it. It fixed it by removing the dividers completely. If I add them back, will my hubscore fall?

2. profile image94
    Robbie C Wilsonposted 4 years ago

Hi April,
                By saying "it said" are you referring to the Style Tips? These are only a guide and if you feel that dividers add to your hub and make it easier to read then leave them in. I ignore the Style Tip regarding using bold too much as I use it to indicate that the reader needs to perform an action in an instruction. Ignoring this Style Tip has not affected my hubscore.

I also make limited use of dividers when I need to and my Hubscore has not been affected. I use them to separate text (for example when using programming code) to make it easier to read.

1. April Dawn Meyer profile image81
      April Dawn Meyerposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Yeah I guess I was a bit vague about what I was referring to. And it was indeed the styling tips I was talking about. Thank you so much for your response. I do top ten lists and started to use them to divide each section. Thanks again! smile

working