jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Page views are fluctuating why

1. bn9900 profile image79
    bn9900posted 4 years ago

Page views are fluctuating why

The Daily views are se it is on a fluctuating, is this because it is on a running 24 hour clock?

2. profile image95
    Robbie C Wilsonposted 4 years ago

You are correct, the 1 day, 7 day and 30 day views are on a rolling period, so 1 day is the number of views that have happened in the last 24 hours and so on. It freaks you out until you realise that, worrying where the views went! As long as Ever is always going up you are good. Of course, it would be wonderful if that also applied to your rolling values, but perhaps that is wishful thinking smile

3. srsddn profile image90
    srsddnposted 4 years ago

bn9900, I find morning and evening fluctuations and it is a routine matter. There are different time zones and people have their pattern of time on which they visit HP. Depending upon the number of visitors from a particular zone the views fluctuate as these are updated every two hours. I feel there is nothing to worry and we all get used to it, so long as overall visits are OK. Best of Hubbing!

4. bn9900 profile image79
    bn9900posted 4 years ago

Thank you both for your replies, I needed validation I wasn't nuts. Srsddn I did know about the time zones as the railroads were the ones that were the force that established them. But again thank you for the replies.

working