jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (7 posts)

How do I verify my Amazon Links?

1. chefmancave profile image87
    chefmancaveposted 4 years ago

How do I verify my Amazon Links?

Recently my Links have not generated sales. I have called Amazon and they claim my links inside of hubpage articles are "not valid". When they test the links on their end, they say the tracking ID is not appearing. I redid all my Amazon links in the articles but still nothing. No one (amazon or hubpages) gives me any tools to validate the links. Any suggestions?

2. PoeticPhilosophy profile image81
    PoeticPhilosophyposted 4 years ago

I've wondered about this! I've had the same issue, asking if I did anything wrong, and they all replied It's fine to just copy-paste the amazon page link in the hubpages capsule.

I bring in pretty fine views and find it hard to believe I do not generate any sales.

Hmm... Hopefully an "honest" person can give the answer to this.

chefmancaveposted 4 years agoin reply to this

So far have done 2 tests. I had a fellow employee order something through one of my hubpage articles on Oct 30th. As of Nov 12, no response on my Amazon account. I called Amazon and walked thru a order on Nov 1. Still no response on Amazon.

2. PoeticPhilosophy profile image81
      PoeticPhilosophyposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Hmm... They got back to me, saying some of my links are active but one is with the wrong account... Which I don't see how it's possible but good effort on sorting it out. Wish you the best.

3. internpete profile image90
    internpeteposted 4 years ago

Hmm, this is interesting. I just kind of assumed the links worked, but I don't know for sure if I get any sales from hubpages. I've never really checked on it because I focus more on my own blogs.

You should be able to see how many people click your links in the reports on Amazon, which might help to see if people are at least clicking through. I make sales everyday through my blogs, so it would make sense that sales should be occurring  on hubpages as well with decent traffic.

chefmancaveposted 4 years agoin reply to this

My own blog links work. They have been tested. However, last week I worked with Amazon and tested one link on hubpages. They let me buy one item and it never showed up as an order. (6.99 cookbook) Not sure how to test it any further.

2. internpete profile image90
      internpeteposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Do they not usually let people order through their own links? Yeah, it could be something isn't working with amazon links on hubpages.

working