jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (6 posts)

Would 2 HubPages Account help or hurt my earnings?

1. Lee Tea profile image92
    Lee Teaposted 4 years ago

Would 2 HubPages Account help or hurt my earnings?

My interests are vast and many, and I'd like to write articles not necessarily associated with the organic tea and aromatherapy business the name of my current account reflects.  Do you think starting another account to specifically target a new niche would be of more or less benefit than using my current (and relatively successful) account?  While my new articles may be of interest to some of my current readers (and customers!), they would most likely make others skeptical/uncomfortable.

2. NotPC profile image61
    NotPCposted 4 years ago

Well if you have two accounts that means you'll get twice the earnings! I wish I would have thought of that...

1. Lee Tea profile image92
      Lee Teaposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Yeah I think I'll go for it. That way I can carry out fully targeted marketing instead of beating around the bush.

2. NotPC profile image61
      NotPCposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Ya I think you're spot on Lee.  Personally I have the most random hub topics ever and it hasn't hurt me too much that I know of, but it is kinda a golden rule among bloggers and writers alike to maintain consistent subject matter throughout any site.

3. CraftytotheCore profile image82
    CraftytotheCoreposted 4 years ago

I know what you mean Lee.  Sometimes I don't write about certain topics because of my user ID.  But I believe that you will find equivalent success in opening a second account.

4. WryLilt profile image91
    WryLiltposted 4 years ago

I have about five accounts, some of which hit payout every month, others of which only do every 2-4 months.

You seem to be under the impression that someone who reads one hub of yours will CARE about anything else you write. In fact, most visitors will click the back button if they've read your article after coming from search engines or social media.

I write on different accounts for two reasons:
    1. To hide good or bad content. People know this account is successful, so I only use it for 'fun' writing, not so much for money writing anymore, or 'boring' sales content.
    2. To keep track of content or experiments. For instance I have an account based around using Google suggest. Another one for sales hubs.

working