jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (20 posts)

More than one hubpages account

1. spsingh profile image60
    spsinghposted 6 years ago

can i sign up for more than one hubpages account if yes can i connect both accounts to google adsence (traffic from both accounts will be counted in google adsence ?)

1. recommend1 profile image72
      recommend1posted 6 years agoin reply to this

Yes and yes.
      Welcome to Hubpages smile

2. sofs profile image82
      sofsposted 6 years agoin reply to this

This question has been asked many times over ..it would help to read these forum threads
      http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/33934
      http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/11

1. spsingh profile image60
        spsinghposted 6 years agoin reply to this

Thanks sofs i was unaware

1. recommend1 profile image72
          recommend1posted 6 years agoin reply to this

It is a good idea to start at the Hubacademy and FAQ's - I am sure you will be able to find them from the home page somewhere.  Most questions are answered there - these forums are a good place to sort out things that reamin a mystery or when you get confused smile

3. TinaAtHome profile image76
      TinaAtHomeposted 6 years agoin reply to this

I have 3 hubpages accounts. Two of them are very specialized and have 15 and 30 hubs respectively. The other one (this one) has over 100 hubs and I write about a wider variety of topics. They are all linked to the same Google Adsense account.

The only rule is that if you have multiple hubpages accounts, you should only use one in the forums, and especially you can't enter the same discussion with two IDs. Once I did this by accident, and just confessed that both IDs were indeed me.

2. simeonvisser profile image86
    simeonvisserposted 6 years ago

Yes, you can. There are several Hubbers here who have done the same.

3. Sinea Pies profile image81
    Sinea Piesposted 6 years ago

That's a lot of writing but it would promote more traffic.  Creative thinking!

1. May PL profile image73
      May PLposted 6 years agoin reply to this

Yes I am thinking that one would have to spend quite a bit of time writing and promoting the hubs.

4. Tomygun profile image74
    Tomygunposted 6 years ago

Some are using the second account for quality backlinks to thei primary accounts and then they usually don't turn on their adsense ads. If they would have adsense on their both accounts, Google would still know that it's the same person and devalue the links between the hubs of the two accounts. If they don't put their adsense code, Google won't know whose account it is and the link will not devalued.

1. Aficionada profile image89
      Aficionadaposted 6 years agoin reply to this

Is that true?  I admit that I am not very knowledgeable about such things, but I thought I had read in these forums that Google can tell by the IP address who is doing the linking and other such things.  Did I misunderstand? or maybe get two different things confused?

2. dablufox profile image56
      dablufoxposted 6 years agoin reply to this

Thanks tomygun, I thought that this may be the case, now I know.

5. WryLilt profile image85
    WryLiltposted 6 years ago

I have five accounts (I think?). However I don't link between them.

Here's what the team has to say on the issue:

http://hubpages.com/faq/#multipleaccounts

Do you find you are writing constantly for these five accounts. And thanks for the link, will check it out.

1. WryLilt profile image85
        WryLiltposted 6 years agoin reply to this

No. Some accounts have 60 hubs, others only have ten. Each account is based around a theme - one for sales hubs, one for general guides, one for questions and so on.

Mmm, sounds like a good idea.

6. Tomygun profile image74
    Tomygunposted 6 years ago

Well, you can have more than one account and that's ok. It's just some are using this technique to get additional links linking to their primary adsense enabled hubs. Concerning the IP address it can easily be changed. However, if they don't produce crap on their second account for just getting the link - I don't see anything bad here.

1. WryLilt profile image85
      WryLiltposted 6 years agoin reply to this

I know of very few money making hubbers who use a second account for backlinks to their first account. There are no major differences between those links and normal internal links. They'd be a lot better off getting backlinks from external sites!

7. Andrew Gubb profile image71
    Andrew Gubbposted 6 years ago

I was thinking later investing in a webwriter to write hubs for me - if i could see it would be worth the money. So I'd use another hubpages account so people wouldn't confuse who was writing who. It's good to see that this is okay to do.

8. jtyler profile image60
    jtylerposted 6 years ago

Wouldn't it be smarter to use one hub.  The seperate hubs will get less attention totally than the one would by itself, if I'm correct, right?  The whole is greater than the sum of the parts.

working