jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (7 posts)

What am I missing in making a beginning to earn from Hubpages through Ad program

1. vlpkk profile image70
    vlpkkposted 4 years ago

What am I missing in making a beginning to earn from Hubpages through Ad program?

i joined hubpages 20 months back and had written few hubs. I got notification that to be able to earn from Google adsense the hub should be at least be 6 months old. But when I apply now for Google Adsense I get rejected for not having sufficient content. How is that there are many writers who started earning right from the first day of joining? What is that I am missing here?

2. profile image94
    Robbie C Wilsonposted 4 years ago

Hi vlpkk,
                Anyone who has an Adsense account from day one in HubPages has applied for Adsense and been approved by Google for a page outside HubPages. They may have a blog or their own website that had sufficient content to be approved.

Google force people from certain countries (India, China) to wait six months before they can be approved. In addition, you need at least 10 good quality hubs to be approved. Good luck!

3. Fateslayer99 profile image86
    Fateslayer99posted 4 years ago

Hey Vipkk! smile Like Robbie said, most people do not make money when they first start. Even people who have very few hubs have a hard time getting approved. I started Hubpages in late March and was approved in early September, even only having about 13 or 14 hubs. The main thing you need to make sure you do is have great content (lots of pictures, make sure to cite them, hubs written well) because Adsense wants to make sure their advertisements are on quality pages. I'm pretty new to Adsense though, so someone else might know more than me. Good luck! smile

4. itknol profile image80
    itknolposted 4 years ago

Well, as I can see you have 1 hub published. And in case the hub score you have doesn't hint it to you, let me just say that...

http://vlpkk.hubpages.com/hub/10-Amazin … rprise-You

is WAY below the standards for content monetization.

Why don't you give yourself a clean start, going back to ABC, reading over the Quality Guidelines in the Help Center? Give yourself some goals on the amount of content you produce, what it includes and would it be beneficial to someone at all. Great helper to myself was reading a lot of blogs/authors that are well recognized experts in their fields.

From what I can see the issue you are experiencing is caused by the fact the someone inside you tries to reach for the end result of your hubs (money, fame, whatever), while you should really be focusing on the path to that - becoming an expert author on your topic.

And don't forget - if writing bores you, there are many other ways to earn from the Internet. Start a drop-shipping business, for example.

p.s. What makes people rich is not the money they earn, but the path they walk to it.
    p.p.s. Please don't be upset with my tone - that's just a honest opinion, breaking down the facts.

1. vlpkk profile image70
      vlpkkposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Thank you.  As you said, I have to read hubs by other authors to understand the submission standards. This will definitely help in improving my quality of writing.

2. itknol profile image80
      itknolposted 4 years agoin reply to this

You are most welcome, Vlpkk. And thanks for the 'follow'. As for your request in the fan mail - I will be publishing a hub on starting out as an author in the first few days of 2014. Promise to share it with you. Cheers.

3. vlpkk profile image70
      vlpkkposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Thank you!

working