jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (6 posts)

I googled one of my hubs and it came up on the second page of searches. However.

1. Efficient Admin profile image91
    Efficient Adminposted 4 years ago

I googled one of my hubs and it came up on the second page of searches. However....

There is an icon next to my hub in the Google search that says this website has a bad reputation. Is this making all of our hubs look bad when someone searches our topic? Will it decrease traffic?

2. profile image0
    christiananrkistposted 4 years ago

i don't think it will decrease traffic. I would be surprised if anyone really goes to hubpages for any reliable information (although I could be wrong) instead of many other websites. there is most likely very few experts on any subjects here. I like hubpages to discuss certain topics with people and to get the average persons perspective on things. mostly religion of course. people questions and hubs are interesting and a good way to kill time by reading them, but like Wikipedia I would never use hubpages as a reliable source of information. or maybe google has the icon because of all the rude and hateful comments.

3. DrMark1961 profile image98
    DrMark1961posted 4 years ago

Do you think that there is an icon on every hub? I just searched a few and did not see it. Why not try a few of your hubs and see if it is present on all of those.

1. Efficient Admin profile image91
      Efficient Adminposted 4 years agoin reply to this

I have checked a few others at random and get the same thing. I am using Chrome. I have noticed Chrome and Explorer seem to do different things on my computer! When I do a search with Explorer the icons do not show up.

2. DrMark1961 profile image98
      DrMark1961posted 4 years agoin reply to this

I am not seeing it at all on Mozilla, but I also do not use Google.com; my search engine is Google.com.br, which I thought was the same except that it puts my local sites at the top.

3. profile image0
      Ben Blackwellposted 4 years agoin reply to this

You might have an extension that does that.  I know of one, but I can't think of the name.  Is it a doughnut shaped green or red circle?

working