jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Can you change the url of your Hub?

1. alikhan3 profile image98
    alikhan3posted 4 years ago

Can you change the url of your Hub?

I have recently heard that hub urls play an important role in determining page rank but because I didn't knew this earlier some of my hub urls are not optimized with keywords. can they be changed? or is their something lse I can do with it ?

2. profile image94
    Robbie C Wilsonposted 4 years ago

Your hub's URL cannot be changed once created. I have on several occasions tweaked or greatly changed the title and that has had a positive effect on SEO.

3. Jasmeetk profile image82
    Jasmeetkposted 4 years ago

It is not possible to change url of hub. Anyhow, you can change title of your hub.

4. DrMark1961 profile image99
    DrMark1961posted 4 years ago

The person that told you that hub urls play an important role in determining page rank is wrong.

5. Writer Fox profile image56
    Writer Foxposted 4 years ago

Google PageRank only reflects incoming links to your Hub so, no, your specific URL has no bearing on PageRank because it is the URL to your Hub and not a link to it.

I think you probably want to know if the URL can affect the search ranking of your Hub.  The answer is yes, it can.  How important a role it plays depends upon many things, such as your competition for search query results.  You can read more about how this works in my Hub: http://writerfox.hubpages.com/hub/SEO-Tutorial-Guide
    Go to this section from the Table of Contents: III. A. 1. Keywords

Unless your URL is totally unrelated to the content of your Hub, don't worry about changing it and just change your Title and on-page optimization if you need to.

The only way to change the URL on HubPages is to unpublish the Hub and start over again with a new one.

working