jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (4 posts)

I would like to know how to improve my chances of getting traffic to my hubs.

1. janiek13 profile image80
    janiek13posted 4 years ago

I would like to know how to improve my chances of getting traffic to my hubs.

Why is the traffic on HubPages so little. It seems as if my traffic has come to a stop. What can I do to make it better?

2. profile image53
    SandinmyPocketsposted 4 years ago

I'd try the resources link then click learning and explore that for awhile.

3. Everyday Miracles profile image86
    Everyday Miraclesposted 4 years ago

Well, I've had a look at your hubs, and I think that I can offer your some advice to improve the hubs in order to increase traffic. All of my traffic is organic: I don't build backlinks or do a lot of self-promotion (other than Facebook and sometimes Google+), so I see my strategies as being something pretty much anybody can do. It should be noted that on one of my other accounts I'm currently getting 10,000+ hits a day. The account is 5 weeks old.

The first thing that you probably need to do is to make yourself aware of where the traffic needs to be coming from. Most internal traffic (from Hubpages) is going to wane over time. You'll get a lot of it when the hub is new and then it's going to taper off as time goes on, so that you're getting traffic from links in other people's hubs. You want to get traffic from /search engines/ because these are the people who are most likely to click your ads and provide you with earnings.

In other words, you need to woo Google.

First, before you do /anything/ else, get to know Google Hummingbird. This update completely changes the way that Google is used both by the content-providers (you) and the users (the people searching for your pages). Keywords are no longer relevant: You need to opt for long-tail options.

In your shoes, I'd start by improving my content. Some of your most recent hubs show a lot of promise, which means that you're fully capable of producing the type of content that thrives on Hubpages. Spruce up your old hubs, unpublishing them in the meantime if you have to. Use high-quality images (and a lot of them!) and make sure that you're attributing everything properly.

Then change your titles. Rework them entirely if you have to, and watch to see whether or not you increase your traffic to those hubs. If not, tweak them again and again until the titles are drawing in traffic. Not only do search engines look at your titles as an important part of your content, but your users will decide whether to click on your link in the SERP based on your title.

Finally, if you continue to struggle, stumble your hubs.

1. janiek13 profile image80
      janiek13posted 4 years agoin reply to this

Thank you, Everyday Miracles, for such a thorough explanation! I will start learning everything I can about hummingbird and go from there.