Getting Traffic from small blogs/websites you have created

Jump to Last Post 1-6 of 6 discussions (19 posts)
  1. younghopes profile image67
    younghopesposted 11 years ago

Hello all my fellow hubbers, hope you all are fine and enjoying your work!!
    This is my first forum topic and i hope i am able to explain myself well here- as to what i intend to ask you all.

My question is: I read somewhere on the internet that if you want to drive maximum traffic to your main blog/website be it at blogger or hubpages, what you need is to create multiple accounts on different websites/blogs like
    Angelifre.com
    Beep.com
    Blinkweb.com
    Blog.com
    Blog.ca
    Blog.co.uk
    Blogreaction.com
    Bravenet.com
    Flixya.com
    Hpage.com
    Inube.com
    Jimdo.com
    In each of these sites you should create an account, and then add a small paragraph about your main article and add backlinks to your main article which might be on hubpages or blogger. But i am struggling to understand- will this really help me out? Should i simply copy-paste a few paragraphs to each of these sites or should i write an orginial paragraph on each(which definitely is not possible for me to do), Please friends can you give me your sound advice is it good to make accounts on such sites or is it going to be a waste of time? Please help me out as i want to get traffic for my hubs. Thanks a lot in advance.

1. Marcy Goodfleisch profile image84
      Marcy Goodfleischposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Wow - you've compiled quite a list!  I don't know the answer to your question about whether those links will help or be viewed as spammy, or what, but I'm hoping the SEO experts here will jump in with their advice.

2. sharingknowledge profile image71
      sharingknowledgeposted 11 years agoin reply to this

This is interesting. I will too try out the Idea and see if I will get helped with having a mass traffic to my Hubs. Thanks for sharing the long list.

younghopesposted 11 years agoin reply to this

you'r welcome to use this list, and i hope it helps you out too, plz do share your experience if the list if of any help to you

3. Susana S profile image93
      Susana Sposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I would advise against this. Research "Google Penguin" and the potential effects of having a spammy link profile. Here's somewhere to start.

If you want to get links, I think the first thing anyone should do is make sure that their content (your hubs) are truly link worthy ie: they provide excellent information that visitors would be happy to share and link to.

Once you've done that then think about possibly creating one or two very high quality links, but not until then.

2. jacharless profile image75
    jacharlessposted 11 years ago

Indeed, quite a list, as Marcy said!
    What you are leaning toward is defined as: rich snippet.
    It is possible to place snippets on sites to create tiers of inbound links.
    It is also well recommended not to have more than 10 links from any single domain pointing to the article on a single domain. Example is ten links on blogger pointing to one article here on HP. The most progressive form of backlinking is to use RSS Feeds or Sitemaps, utilize Social Media tools in which readers are established over time, building an ongoing supply of repeat & new visitors. Avoid cross linking when possible and limit rich snippets to a maximum of five well known domains to establish an acceptable PR level.

Oddly enough, the number one form of getting consistent traffic is to build a readership audience. Not Hubbers or fellow writers, per say, but those who find interest in topics you write about, beyond FB and Twitter...
    Happy Publishing!
    James.

thanks James for this answer, and also for introducing me to the new name 'rich snippet' i wasn't aware of this before. AS you said, i have been using social media like twitter, fb, pinterest for gaining followers but they have not been enough to talk about and so i was looking at other options. So do you think, it is going to be a waste of time if i use this websites for rich snippet ?

1. jacharless profile image75
        jacharlessposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Using one or two sites to establish a few inbound links is a very good idea.
        Biggest of all is to not overdue it. The internet is easy to get carried away with because it looks so easy.

Do you have an active G+ page or Quora?
        Both will help immensely at building readership and establishing yourself as an expert in the topics you prefer.
        If using Twitter, see if you can carve out some time, each week, to marathon with your followers, which is both fun and good for developing consistent readership.
        smile
        James

i agree to your viewpoint, dat i must use only a few sites not more because it is almost impossible to work on each of them. Yea i have a G+ page but i m not on quora, would look upto it. Read a lot about twitter but unfortunately haven't recieved any visitor from there till now, perhaps will take time. thanks again for your reply, it has really helped me out.

3. rajan jolly profile image93
    rajan jollyposted 11 years ago

Well, what I can suggest is that you write good quality hubs that are atleast 500 to 700 words, preferably 1000 words. Also, read hubs by other hubbers, comment and share good hubs. You will get reciprocated by hubbers and will slowly get readers. Since your articles will be of sufficient good quality and original, combining them with good keywords and their correct usage, you will start getting into search results of Google.
    Also, keep sharing your hubs on social networking sites like FB, twitter, pinterest and the like. But I would not suggest you have more than 5 of these for back links.
    However you should be aware that this takes time and effort but all the effort is worth it.
    I wish you all the luck.

Thank you so much for your reply, i agree with you that perhaps it will take lots of time, efforts and of course hardwork to get traffic and followers. I have started getting my hub in search results but fr sure they are not on front page. Perhaps have to wait and watch and surely be in touch with fellow hubbers,

4. Tealparadise profile image81
    Tealparadiseposted 11 years ago

You read a small part of what is a huge project to drive traffic by getting to the top of Google search results.

I have seen lots of similar programs and ideas, and yes they do work, but first off what you posted is not even half the effort that goes into these tactics.

And yes, you need original content for each post.  And actually, it's recommended that you do multiple posts to each blog/Web2.0 site (4 posts, 400 words each) and then have incoming links from social networks pointing there.  And only 1 link to your "goal" site for all that, not 1 link per post.

This is not a tactic that is worth it for Hubpages.  People use this when they desperately want to be at the top of Google because they are selling a product, whether their own product or through affiliate sales.  What you are doing is creating backlinks and then giving those links SEO value.  The actual traffic isn't coming from them (mostly), it is their value in pushing you up the search rankings.

thank you for your response. This is what i wanted to know- whether to post original content on each of  these or just a few paragraphs from the original posts on the main website. So as you said atleast 4 posts of 400 words each. This appears quite a long term work and would require lots of time for sure. But i am not able to understand when you say "only 1 link to your "goal" site for all that, not 1 link per post." can you please explain this a bit please. I would be thankful

1. Tealparadise profile image81
        Tealparadiseposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Sure thing.  You are trying to create a natural looking blog that just *happens* to link to your website.  Since this is the case, you shouldn't throw a link into every post.  It's bad form to link to the same domain over and over, and Google notices it.  So you want several posts, but only 1 link to a single domain.  If you have multiple unconnected sites, you could link each post to one of them.

Thank you for answering me yet again and helping me to solve the dilemma. now i understand what you mean,

2. Paul Maplesden profile image76
        Paul Maplesdenposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Just a word of warning - If you copy content directly from your hubs to these other blogs, you will run into problems for several reasons:

1. HubPages does not want duplicate content on your hubs and elsewhere; if it finds duplicate content, your hub may be unpublished
        2. If Google finds duplicate content, it may demote the content in the search engine results

It's always best to write original articles if you are promoting elsewhere.

In terms of time and effort, rather than creating other blogs (and having to build up authority etc.) your time may be better spent as follows:
        1. Establish a good social media presence and add value to any communities you belong to (I use Google Plus, but Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn or Pinterest can also work depending on the subject of your hubs)
        2. Look into guest posting opportunities, I have created a thread on this here: http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/110074
        3. Writing great content in your hubs; this will (hopefully) mean that people enjoy your content to begin with and will automatically link to it, improving your search results. The 'Stellar Hub Guidelines' are a good place to start: http://hubpages.com/learningcenter/Elem … tellar-Hub

I hope this helps.

Paul.

thank you Paul for this detailed answer. I will surely look upto the points you have explained here and of course going to read about the links you have given.

5. netspysoftware profile image60
    netspysoftwareposted 11 years ago

Reliable and great hub!

6. younghopes profile image67
    younghopesposted 11 years ago

These two posts were quite exhaustive and worth reading, thanks  a lot for sharing these

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)