jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (7 posts)

Why has views to my hubs dropped drastically?

1. mathira profile image84
    mathiraposted 4 years ago

Why has views to my hubs dropped drastically?

I used to have 400 views and now it has dropped to 250. Am I the only one experiencing such a drop in viewership?

2. Everyday Miracles profile image86
    Everyday Miraclesposted 4 years ago

I've been thinking it had something to do with Valentine's Day, because one of my other accounts (dedicated to seasonal hubs) has been thriving while this account has been foundering. But the traffic has gone down from Valentine's Day and isn't picking back up on this account, so I'm not altogether sure what's going on with it.

Normally these things fluctuate though and eventually sort themselves out. It's possible that there was a change in Google -- though I haven't seen any updates related to that.

It should normalize eventually. Hubpages definitely still has a good standing because two days ago one of my hubs had almost 7,000 views.

mathiraposted 4 years agoin reply to this

I too hope that at least after Valentine's Day my hub views pick up. Kind of you to answer Everyday Miracle.

3. LCDWriter profile image96
    LCDWriterposted 4 years ago

In the United States this is a big holiday weekend with both Valentines Day and Presidents Day on Monday.  Many schools and business are closed so people take the long weekend to travel. 

I would think that any fluctuation over the next few days is due to these circumstances and views will likely return to normal next week when the holiday weekend is over.

4. luvtoowrite profile image42
    luvtoowriteposted 4 years ago

It is because of the romantic holiday. Not too many people sitting behind the computer like myself. I don't think Presidents Day will hinder traffic though, we will have to wait and see. Let us know if your views increase after Sunday, you have my curiosity up.

mathiraposted 4 years agoin reply to this

luvtoowrite, even I am curious to know the reason.

5. profile image94
    Robbie C Wilsonposted 4 years ago

My views are also down by about 25% this weekend. I expect that it has to do with the holidays in the US. The US is my number one country in terms of views and I get similar dips in traffic whenever there is a holiday there.

working