Who's going to give it their last shot this weekend as the Grow the Pot Challeng

Jump to Last Post 1-7 of 7 discussions (21 posts)
  1. janshares profile image92
    jansharesposted 10 years ago

Who's going to give it their last shot this weekend as the Grow the Pot Challenge comes to an end?

How many times did you enter? Did you make the top ten? I entered (i.e. published and became featured) 3 times and made the top ten once.

2. Faith Reaper profile image82
    Faith Reaperposted 10 years ago

Oh, thank you for the reminder that this weekend is the last time to give it a try.  I published three times and was featured all three times and was chosen in the top ten twice. I found out one this morning. Hope Sunday afternoon counts?

1. Faith Reaper profile image82
      Faith Reaperposted 10 years agoin reply to this

I'm sorry, I went back and checked as I had forgotten how long it has been going on. I actually published six times and featured each time and was in the top ten twice.

2. janshares profile image92
      jansharesposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Good for you, worker bee Faith. You did a lot of work. Yes, Sunday counts until 11:59p, if I have it right. Thanks for your answer and clarification.

3. Faith Reaper profile image82

I was thinking today was the last day, but tomorrow is the last day of March LOL, so still have one more day to publish!

4. janshares profile image92

No dear Faith, the rules say March 30th 11:59pm (PT) which is tonight. So, if you're EST like me, we have until 2:59am, about 3 more hours.

5. Faith Reaper profile image82

Oh!!! I am CST but I thought they said for the whole month of March. Thanks for the clarification.

3. profile image0
    swilliamsposted 10 years ago

Hi Janshares! I made the top ten once. I'm still new as to how The Hupages Contest work this is my first time participating. I signed up 3 years ago but started writing last year. Still learning the ropes. I love each and every one of your articles it seems as if writing flows naturally for you. Very talented!

Congrats to you for entering as you're learning, swilliams. Thanks for the compliments and for your answer.

4. Beth Eaglescliffe profile image93
    Beth Eaglescliffeposted 10 years ago

I started off intending to enter at least one hub every two days, but real life slowed me down a bit (lol). But I'm on track to have averaged one featured every three days which isn't too far off my original target. 

So far I've been in the top ten twice. I've entered 8 hubs so far and aim to have another 2 entered by the closing date. I've enjoyed reading the top ten winners each day and I've been impressed by the wide range of interests covered.

I hope HP make this an annual contest.

Thanks for a good question Jan,

You've been busy, Beth. Wow! Good for you with entering so many with 2 more coming. Thanks for answering.

2. Beth Eaglescliffe profile image93
      Beth Eaglescliffeposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Final two hubs posted and featured. Whew! The deadline made me rush the last one, so I'll have to give it a tweak to improve it during the next week or so. It's been a fun challenge and got the adrenaline going!

3. janshares profile image92

I didn't make it sad  Wasn't comfy throwing it up there just to be in so I'll just wait and post it tomorrow.

5. sallybea profile image93
    sallybeaposted 10 years ago

I entered four times, made the top ten three times and won one of the weekly pots once.

Woohoo!! Thanks for answering, sallybea.

6. MJennifer profile image91
    MJenniferposted 10 years ago

I entered seven times (including my final entry this weekend) and made the top ten four times.  Although I didn't take any of the weekly pots (yet -- maybe there's still hope with that final entry?) my additional hubs did boost my views and earnings -- and I had tons of fun being motivated to produce those seven new hubs.  Since two of them were event / travel hubs, I had the extra fun of making a couple of day trips to write them.  What's not to love about that? 

Best of all, the contest got me back into the two-hub-a-week mode I aim for -- so now I will continue it.  I do love this site!

What an inspiring response, MJennifer! Congrats on so many entries and wins. You've been quite prolific. Good luck on that pot and thanks for answering.

7. bethperry profile image82
    bethperryposted 10 years ago

Not I. I gave up  that particular horticultural hobby about 20 years ago, after a dog wandered into the yard, sniffed the garden, then spent the next hour poring through the Doritos bags in our garbage can. I even swore off the habit of doodling little pot leaves in the dust on my neighbor's car windows..a good three weeks ago.

Oh wait..you're talking about a HP's writing challenge, aren't you Jan?
    Never mind...

???? ha ha ha

2. bethperry profile image82
      bethperryposted 10 years agoin reply to this

I apologize for the irreverent comment, Jan. I was in a real silly mood last night. But truthfully, I rarely get in the mood to enter writing challenges. My Muse isn't the most competitive of mistresses.

3. janshares profile image92

Oh, no, none needed. I thought it was hilarious, especially when I realized in my sleepiness that  it wasn't a mistake. I love wry humor.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)