Why doesn't Amazon provide prices for some items?

1. emartin74 profile image76
    emartin74posted 3 years ago

Why doesn't Amazon provide prices for some items?

I am trying to add information on my ebook to a hub via the Amazon capsule, but I keep getting a message saying Amazon would not provide a price for the item - my book is no longer on free promotion, but it is only 99 cents - is that the reason why Amazon won't provide information?

2. markmorgangenius profile image91
    markmorgangeniusposted 3 years ago

The online retail stores like Amazon have many policies regarding display of the prices. They can legally set their prices of products independently from the prices that are advertised by the manufacturer. In cases where Amazon is selling the product as a price lower than the price advertised by the manufacturer then amazon has to hide the price due to restrictions by the manufacturer(you will only see the price by adding the product to your cart or at the time of payment. You do not necessarily have to buy the product)
    Sometimes they just write that the price is too low to display(that is ridiculous) - I guess this might be their strategy to pull out more clicks on the advertisement.
    Solution to your problem:
    You can put the price in the header section of the amazon capsule or you can also mention price in text capsule(put it just next to the product)

1. Sushma Webber profile image84
      Sushma Webberposted 3 years agoin reply to this

Good advice. Thanks it has helped me as well.