This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: "https://hubpages.com/privacy-policy#gdpr"

My husband was burnt at his place of employment

1. profile image59
    KathleenC53posted 3 years ago

My husband was burnt at his place of employment

he suffered severe burns at his place of employment, but it was not work related, because his employer had an old truck in the building that he and other employees would go help work on. Is this and OSHA violation?

2. Sky321 profile image75
    Sky321posted 3 years ago

I'm so sorry to hear about his tragedy, I definitely think that it is a violation and that his employer should be held responsible because it was at his work place even though theoretically it wasn't work related. Was it on work time?

1. profile image59
      KathleenC53posted 3 years agoin reply to this

He is on salary, but it was after his usual to go home. He has scaring in his chest and forehead.  Radiator cap popped off, antifreeze was in the radiator too. They had him file it under workman's comp.  The medical bills were paid. Is there a SOL?

working