jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

Did anyone else notice a significant drop of HP earnings in July?

1. JMcFarland profile image88
    JMcFarlandposted 3 years ago

Did anyone else notice a significant drop of HP earnings in July?

While I will never make a living writing on Hubpages, I noticed last month that my earnings from the HP ad program took a significant hit, and I ended up with less than half of the earnings I usually would have made towards the second half of the month.  My google earnings are on track, but my visitors to my hub dropped as well, and my highest performing hub that had approx. 400 hits per day on average for the past several months almost stopped in its tracks.  Did this happen to anyone else?

2. Healthyannie profile image86
    Healthyannieposted 3 years ago

It happens during the summer, I find the same pattern every year. People are on holiday, vacation and do not bother with the net. I do the same thing when I am on holiday. During July some of my hubs lose thousands of visitors - same thing every year.

3. Diana Lee profile image83
    Diana Leeposted 3 years ago

I'm sure if earnings have dropped they will spike again soon. My traffic isn't as good as yours so I haven't really noticed. Good luck.

4. ChristinS profile image96
    ChristinSposted 3 years ago

Seasonal patterns can indeed be in play.  I know that my hubs that are more summer related or seasonal pick up and kind of help bridge the gap, so my overall traffic loss hasn't been significant.  Usually when one type of hub drops off another kind of picks up.  I did have a lull a bit in the later part of June, but July turned around and was fine.  Maybe it's just a fluke?

5. Shake it up profile image63
    Shake it upposted 3 years ago

It's mostly about CPMs. They tend to drop as the summer goes on and pick up as the last three months of the year approach.

6. mariexotoni profile image95
    mariexotoniposted 3 years ago

Same for me! My earnings are about 50% lower than they had been for 2 months prior.

7. peachpurple profile image83
    peachpurpleposted 3 years ago

i have 130 views per day with 20 cents per day earnings

Closed to reply

working