jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (11 posts)

Some Hubs contain links (in blue) embedded into a paragraph. How do you do that

1. Iris Draak profile image59
    Iris Draakposted 3 years ago

Some Hubs contain links (in blue) embedded into a paragraph.  How do you do that?

Rather than a separate link box below my paragraphs I'd like to be able to do what others do and simply have a word or phrase (in blue letters like I've I've seen in other Hubs) that readers can click that will take them directly to the website I am referring to.  This is especially important to me for citing sources of information.  I am also interested in promoting other Hubbers by embedding links to articles that are relevant to the topic I am discussing.  Can someone explain in detail how this is done?

2. mathira profile image82
    mathiraposted 3 years ago

I have the same doubt and I still have no answer to it. I have been in hub pages for two years and I am not sure how it is done. I think an answer to your question can clarify my doubts too.

Iris Draakposted 3 years agoin reply to this

Mathira, the two answers that I got from peeples and missirupp were exactly what I needed.  I hope they help you too.  Best of luck!

3. peeples profile image94
    peeplesposted 3 years ago

Go into edit mode of your hub, click on the capsule you want to edit, highlight the word you want to embed. When you highlight it you will see two "chainlink" looking things on your toolbar inside your capsule, near the horse shoe looking thing. Click the one that doesn't look broke. When you click it you will then be able to put the URL of where you want that link to go. Put the URL in and hit save. This is how I do it, please ignore my lack of knowing the correct terms for these things. I know how to do them, I've just never learned the correct terms!

Thank you, peeples!  That was very helpful!

4. profile image0
    missiruppposted 3 years ago

I hope this message doesn't show up twice. Tried to send it once. Anyways, after you hook your highlighted words to a link like previously suggested, you'll want to edit the HTML so it opens a new window to your link. Otherwise the reader is taken away from your page. I learned how to do it with the hub Readers-Keep them on your page by Sienas Pies. It looks complicated but it's really very easy.

Thank you so much for adding this piece of info, missirupp!  I read Readers-Keep as suggested.  You're right; it looks complicated at first but I think I can manage. smile  I sincerely appreciate the help.

5. nerdenterprises profile image60
    nerdenterprisesposted 3 years ago

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/9215961_f260.jpg

Hi. Here is what the html should look like:
    Oops, I guess you can't put html code in here.
    Let's try this another way..
    See photo attached!

Thank you.  I hope this helps other newbies too.  That's a very cool thing to be able to do. smile

2. nerdenterprises profile image60
      nerdenterprisesposted 3 years agoin reply to this

You can barely see the photo. I have to find a better way smile

3. Iris Draak profile image59

I appreciate your effort nerdenterprises. smile  Missirupp sent me a link to a Hub that walked me through it.  I've included the link here for other new HubPage members. http://sinea-pies.hubpages.com/hub/Readers Thank you all again for your help!

working