jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (4 posts)

How to transfer an article from one hub account to another so that I only have o

1. slcalvin profile image82
    slcalvinposted 3 years ago

How to transfer an article from one hub account to another so that I only have one account?

My hubs were actually transferred over from Squidoo and in order for them to transfer I had to open another account.  I already have a hubpages account with one hub that I would like to connect.  Is there a way to do this?

2. lisavollrath profile image96
    lisavollrathposted 3 years ago

No, there's no way to transfer content, or to connect two accounts. Since you only have one hub in one of your accounts, you could simply open two windows, and copy and paste that one to your other account. Delete the old copy, and wait for Google to deindex it before you publish the new copy.

1. slcalvin profile image82
      slcalvinposted 3 years agoin reply to this

OK, That is what I thought must be done too. Thank you for your time.

3. Matthew Meyer profile image76
    Matthew Meyerposted 3 years ago

We strongly considered allowing accounts to be merged, but after looking at the whole technical picture we decided against it. If you only have a Lens or two it may not be such a big deal. However, for people with substantial traffic, we felt migrating them to their own brand new subdomain gave them the best opportunity to carry over their traffic with 301 redirects. This also helps avoid any confusion in regard to impacts on their existing HubPages traffic.

Accounts cannot be merged and manually moving your content is problematic for several reasons.

1. It is likely to show as duplicate because the original publish date from Squidoo only exists for the automatically transferred content.
    2. It could have negative search engine results on your old account.
    3. The content will not be subject to the Squidoo grace period.

Please make sure to not manually move your content to your old account if your would like to avoid the problems described.

You can find more details about the Squidoo migration process here.

http://hubpages.com/squidoo/faq
    http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/123836

working