jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (6 posts)

Is there any problem if I delete a lot of hubs?

1. micko27 profile image78
    micko27posted 3 years ago

Is there any problem if I delete a lot of hubs?

So I have around 70 hubs. Some are pretty short, some are not so good. Will it affect me somehow if I delete for example 15 of them? I am in a phase of improving hubs and working to add videos, make better content, formatting, capsules etc but some hubs are just not worth fixing.

So will affect my hubscore? (I suppose it will as I already deleted 4-5 and dropped from 86 to 76) And will it be back soon after? Will hubpages penalize me because of deleting so many hubs at once? Any negative effect?

2. Daniella Lopez profile image96
    Daniella Lopezposted 3 years ago

I have been culling out some of my older hubs or improving them over the last month. So far, I have actually seen an increase in my hubscore, an increase in traffic, and an increase in earnings.

I have only been working on 2 hubs per day so that it is a small number that I am deleting. Some days I don't delete any, as some of them simply need revamping. I have also been trying to post 3-4 new hubs weekly.

Personally, I wouldn't delete more than 2-3 a day in order to prevent a decrease in earnings. I would also try to post at least 1 excellent-quality hub every other day in order to keep your name active.

1. micko27 profile image78
      micko27posted 3 years agoin reply to this

Thanks for reply. When I deleted couple of hubs I went from 86 to 76 but in one day I am already on 78 so I suppose if I do not delete a lot at once it will slowly go up smile

2. Cristale profile image85
      Cristaleposted 3 years agoin reply to this

That is a great answer filled with helpful info. Thanks Daniella Lopez!

3. Daniella Lopez profile image96
      Daniella Lopezposted 3 years agoin reply to this

You're welcome. smile

3. fpherj48 profile image75
    fpherj48posted 3 years ago

micko....Our hubs are ours.  We write them, edit them and share them.  You can delete any or all of your hubs...as many as you care to delete.  If you are sure they are "not worth fixing," maybe you should delete one at a time, replacing one deleted with a brand new hub.
    I'm not really sure how HP views these deleted hubs in terms of your score...but it would seem to stand to reason that fewer hubs means less traffic.  Also if you're not being active in other ways at HP, that contributes to a lower score....I think. 
    I'm not fond of discussions about scores because there is so much to it and everyone says something different.
    Best thing is to probably do what you choose to do and what you think is best for now and then work toward your goal.  Good luck.

working