jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (5 posts)

What is your best advice for dealing with Stolen content on Google Blogger?

1. oceansnsunsets profile image88
    oceansnsunsetsposted 3 years ago

What is your best advice for dealing with Stolen content on Google Blogger?

I have some boldly, stolen content (including pictures) that are on Google Blogger.  Google recommends flagging the content first for their moderators to look into.  I don't see a flag button or anything, and wanted to get some help with that before I file the report that HubPages recommends when copyrights have been violated. 

What are your best tips or suggestions?

2. lisavollrath profile image95
    lisavollrathposted 3 years ago

File a DMCA complaint. Here's the link for Blogger: https://support.google.com/legal/answer … r&rd=2

1. oceansnsunsets profile image88
      oceansnsunsetsposted 3 years agoin reply to this

Thanks Lisa.  That is where I went first actually, and saw their suggestion to let them know first, to remove it through flagging first.  That is what I am wondering if people have done, or just file the dmca complaint without that step.

2. lisavollrath profile image95
      lisavollrathposted 3 years agoin reply to this

In my experience, it's quicker to just file the DMCA, rather than waiting for someone who steals content to do the right thing. If they were at all inclined to do the right thing, they wouldn't have stolen it in the first place.

3. oceansnsunsets profile image88
      oceansnsunsetsposted 3 years agoin reply to this

Ok, thanks for sharing your experience with that.  Your last point makes sense, I hadn't realized they were going to attempt to have them remove it when/if flagged, etc.  Thanks again. Its a shame its an issue at all really.

working