jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (14 posts)

Hu)pages survey

1. sallybea profile image98
    sallybeaposted 3 years ago

Hu)pages survey

In light of the HubPages survey posted in my accounts page today,  I wonder whether a little more thought could have been put into the question from a writers point of view.  What meaningful question would you have asked?

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/7447222_f260.jpg

2. Virginia Allain profile image86
    Virginia Allainposted 3 years ago

Maybe only selected hubbers received this. I'm looking all about and not seeing a survey.

sallybeaposted 3 years agoin reply to this

It was at the top of my accounts page when I signed in to look at the stats!

3. Jodah profile image88
    Jodahposted 3 years ago

I did not receive a survey Sally. Feel privileged you even got one.

That surprises me, I thought everyone got it.  Apologies, I did not mean to tread on any toes.

4. profile image60
    DJ Andersonposted 3 years ago

Sally, I received a survey asking if I would recommend HubPages to
    other writers.

I remembered what my Mother taught me.  "If you cannot say anything nice, say nothing at all."

So, I ignored the survey. 

I thought they should have asked for ways that HP could be improved.
    But, they didn't.

DJ.  :-)

DJ I decided to tell them the truth.  We must come from the same school of thought because my Mother used to say that,  Not sure why HP had to pose exactly the same question as last year,  I think they can do better than that.
      Sally

5. Marie Flint profile image91
    Marie Flintposted 3 years ago

I never received the survey either, Sally. I guess, if I were creating a survey, I would have asked something like, "What improvements would you like Hub Pages to make for 2015?"

I actually had an idea a few days ago to change something, but have forgotten it! Perhaps I'll think of  it before New Year's. Was it a peer review system before publication? Something like that, I think. The "Hop Some Hubs" feature really doesn't help the writer who needs serious help. Oh, yes, there is the Learning Center, but there's nothing like feedback on something actually written.

Have a wondefrul Christmas!

That is really strange, I would have thought a survey would include everyone who writes on HubPages. Thanks for the kind wishes,  I hope your Christmas is a wonderful too.
      Sally.

2. Jackie Paulson profile image66
      Jackie Paulsonposted 3 years agoin reply to this

I did not get the survey either.

3. sallybea profile image98

Sometimes there is no rhyme or reason.

6. peachpurple profile image81
    peachpurpleposted 3 years ago

yes, i received a survey asking whether i would recommend my friends to hubpages. Thinking about the earnings, i don't think anyone is interested, everyone is hogging onto bubblews

7. easylearningweb profile image91
    easylearningwebposted 3 years ago

Interesting to hear that you got a survey....I didn't see it, so not sure if I missed it, or maybe it was a random survey.

If I was asked if I would recommend to friends, I would say yes. However, I think there should be a bigger and better way to spread the word about Hubpages.

I find that puzzling although I don't really think asking one question, exactly the same one as the previous year, counts as a meaningful survey.

working