To all the Bubblews writers on hubpages

Jump to Last Post 1-50 of 133 discussions (439 posts)
  1. Nadine May profile image73
    Nadine Mayposted 9 years ago

I know several hubpage writers are also on Bubblews. I have written 99 posts on Bubblews and redeemed twice. I'm still waiting for my second payment. Three weeks ago I suddenly had a problem logging in. My password that I have in my notebook was rejected. I thought it was time to change it anyway so I clicked onto the Lost password link, and thought nothing of it.

After a full day of not seeing any return email from Bubblews I decided to write them a note in their help form. At first I did get a reply, like: "Look into your spam folder!"
    After several attempts I even went as far as having my computer reformatted, since it was in any case getting slower and slower, so I thought that might solve the problem. ( in case it was an error in my outlook?)

For the last three weeks I have not been able to login, and for the last two weeks I have not received any replies to my kind but frustrated emails.
    Have any of you had a similar experience and can shed some light on the matter?
    Is there something wrong with Bubblews?
    I would love to hear from you.
    &NadineMay

1. Buildreps profile image83
      Buildrepsposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Hi Nadine, I have quite some experience with Bubblews which I ventilated here on three Hubs(!). There is much wrong with Bubblews. It's a kind of scam, don't believe anything else.

1. Jayne Lancer profile image92
        Jayne Lancerposted 9 years agoin reply to this

+1

Hi Jane, thanks for the +1. But what does it mean? roll

That I like what you said and absolutely agree.

2. schoolgirlforreal profile image77
        schoolgirlforrealposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Yeah, I stopped writing for them!

2. janshares profile image91
      jansharesposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Nadine, did you recently write an article on Bubblews about HP not being a good place to write and that it's going down? I received a tweet from you about this article. I thought it was strange because I've never received anything like this before featuring a Bubblews article. Is it possible you've been hacked? The reason I didn't think it was you was that it had several grammatical errors.

1. janshares profile image91

Sorry if I was way off topic here, thought it may have been related to trouble logging into Bubblews. Looks like the article was tweeted, no idea who wrote it.

2. Nadine May profile image73
        Nadine Mayposted 9 years agoin reply to this

No I never wrote that article. No idea but you might be right. I might have been hacked. Scary thought. The news is that I'm in Bubblews again. My account was never deleted. I had written on the Bubblews group page on Google+ about my problem and someone came to my aid. What is interesting is that during the three weeks I still earned 4$!  Now that I posted three articles today I earned another 5 dollars, so I will stay and see what is happening.

1. colorfulone profile image77
          colorfuloneposted 9 years agoin reply to this

That is great. I am glad to read that you got into your account. smile

2. janshares profile image91

Oh, good Nadine. Glad to know your earnings came through and you're back up and running. I hope you weren't hacked.

3. NateB11 profile image86
      NateB11posted 9 years agoin reply to this

When there is a problem there, you could end up waiting a good long while to get it resolved or never get it resolved. I'm still waiting on a redemption I made in July, which was lost due to the server being down during a period of time in July. I never saw another redemption that I made shortly after I joined the site more than a year ago, but I just forgot about that one and didn't bother. I will say those are the only two redemptions I haven't received and I'm still waiting on the one from this past July because they said they'd get it to me back in August. I guess I'm not holding my breath though. I do know someone personally that still hasn't received some money from them and she's been waiting more than a year.

My experience with the site has been generally good with just those two redemptions being a problem. But, it seems, when a problem arises they are not very good or incapable of resolving them adequately. Don't know why and I'm not going to theorize, but it's a fact.

Its really sad that so many of you have not received any money but others post that they have. I need to find out myself if I get paid this month now that I'm back in again. I had written on the Bubblews group page on Google+ about my problem and someone came to my aid.

1. mary615 profile image82
          mary615posted 9 years agoin reply to this

Hi Nadine, so glad to you back on Bubblews!  I'm still happy over there!

4. Jayne Lancer profile image92

I know several people who had enormous difficulties getting paid by Bubblews, and a couple of them never got their money. Don't let anyone tell you that you're not getting paid because you 'broke the rules'. You might find this hub interesting: http://thomasswan.hubpages.com/hub/Bubb … t-The-Scam

5. Phyllis Doyle profile image92
      Phyllis Doyleposted 9 years agoin reply to this

I have not had any problems logging on to Bubblews. I really have never had a problem with them. Their payment time is slower than it used to be, but I have always received them when expected. I believe that, just like any other site, Bubblews has technical problems here and there. Also, when the site first started, the payout was lower and the payments were received fairly fast by members.  As the site grew, the payout was doubled, it took longer to receive payments and all the issues with members scamming the system caused a lot of complaints that got way out of hand.

I enjoy writing for Bubblews and have fun there.  I like their new format, which makes it more difficult for people to scam the system to get as much money as they can in one day.

Thanks Phyllis I do think that my login problem started because I wanted to get into my bubblews account using my tablet as well as my PC. Maybe the tablet was the reasons for the login problem? I now wanted to change something into the settings because I now have my own PayPal account and I can't use my partner's PayPal anymore, but I see no option to change it?

1. Phyllis Doyle profile image92

Gosh, I don't know, Nadine. I have not used a Tablet or other such device other than my desktop. I have never tried to change my PayPal account on Bubblews, so do not know about that either. Sorry I am of no help with either of these issues.  sad

6. profile image0
      Manasi4posted 9 years agoin reply to this

i am working with bubblews since 6 months and getting paid with them is risky. i still have 8 due redemption not received. i dont believe them now

7. imgreencat profile image60
      imgreencatposted 9 years agoin reply to this

There's a lot wrong at Bubblews and I suspect things were going for a while.  I've been noticing my views decline for a while and thought Bubblews must have fallen out of favor with Google.  Today it was announced, among other things, that page view, likes and comments were being evaluated by a different system.  No longer the one cent for each, as before. 

Presently, I'm in the process of removing my stuff from there.  Luckily, I'm good at weaving material into pieces, but you might want to make a move too.  Read all about it!  It's all over Bubblews!

8. profile image61
      Mills Pposted 9 years agoin reply to this

I've been locked out of my Bubblews account since July, with no response from Bubblews to repeated inquiries about what's happening. I guess I'll find some other place for my pieces.

9. easylearningweb profile image85
      easylearningwebposted 9 years agoin reply to this

I joined last year and I only have 7 posts out there. I hadn't logged in a few months this year and you just reminded me that I better check my login and see if it still works. I just logged in and it actually worked (learn-aholic is the name I write under). I did just notice it looks like they revamped their website and interface. I originally thought it was a good idea to try bubblews but I have read a lot of complains and negative feedback, and to be honest, I think it's more worthwhile for us to devote our time and effort toward more reputable writing websites like Hubpages.

I don't know if I'll continue to write on Bubblews because it takes a lot of effort and you have constantly have to be on the site to earn traffic. Plus the content is not up to par with some of the well structured articles found on Hubpages.

I hope they get back to you so you can log in to Bubblews. It seems others are also in your shoes, so don't give up. I'm guessing that they are swamped with complaints so maybe it is just a matter of time before they can assist everyone.

10. peachpurple profile image83
      peachpurpleposted 9 years agoin reply to this

First question, i have five pending redemptions since august 2014 and  four unpaid or i presume lost forever redemptions since august 2013, since the new updates, its getting harder to receive payments especially writers residing outside usa, uk and canada. We habe to wait 60~90 days
      Second question,my sis had problem in the password too, never get the answer and had to delete the whole account, restart all over again

11. Fhrecel profile image61
      Fhrecelposted 9 years agoin reply to this

this is my first time to join HUBpages as I have seen one connection in Bubblews who is also here and has a positive feedback on this website and I just tried this also

12. chaitanyasaivb profile image68
      chaitanyasaivbposted 9 years agoin reply to this

I might have not faced a situation with my account. But, It may not be nice idea to continue your work in Bubblews. Because, it has turn scam, and it has stopped all of its members. It will be better, if you write articles for any other website, except Bubblews to save your time and thoughts.

1. Bill Yovino profile image88
        Bill Yovinoposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Bubblews is not a scam. I have been there for 2 years and have had no issues with them. There are many people from India, Vietnam, and other areas of the world who have tried to scam Bubblews and have been caught and have their accounts deleted. Most times due to violations of terms of service and/or plagiarism. It can be easy to spot. These scam writers have beautifully written posts but have obvious spelling and grammatical errors in their bios and comments. I've not known a single legitimate writer who has had their account deleted.

1. LeanMan profile image79
          LeanManposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Bill - I guess you are not living in one of those countries or I am sure you would have a different opinion by now.

Yes there are scammers from those countries but there are also legitimate writers/users who are being targeted by Bubblews.

I am from the UK but my location is the Philippines - my first payment was no problem and after that it just went down hill.. I only use Pixabay, there are no links, most of my Bubbles are 2-3 times the length they require.. basically I stick to their rules and don't try to drive traffic from elsewhere either...

BUT

I have not been paid again........ (3 payments outstanding lost in their system)

I don't get replies to emails....

I have friends here in a similar situation who HAVE had their accounts deleted.. Some of whom have been writing on there for more than a year and received many payments, until the last three - four months..

It seems there are always going to be those that they treat well so that they can point at them and say look everything is fine - while they just get rid of or don't pay those that are in countries where they are not likely to be pursued.....

13. Craan profile image80
      Craanposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Perhaps, if you try sending an email to Kaitlyn <tickets@bubblews.uservoice.com>; you'll get an answer. I have had no problems so far with Bubblews. Good Luck! Kaitlyn is extremely polite and I am sure she will love to help you.

1. Glenn Stok profile image96
        Glenn Stokposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Where did you get this person'a name from? How do you know she really works for Bubblews? The domain registration is completely different. Bubblews didn't even exist in 2006. I'm not saying you're wrong, but confirmation is important. 

Domain Name: USERVOICE.COM
           Registrar: DYNAMIC NETWORK SERVICES, INC
           Whois Server: whois.dyndns.com
           Creation Date: 06-jan-2006

Domain Name: BUBBLEWS.COM
           Registrar: 1 API GMBH
           Whois Server: whois.1api.net
           Creation Date: 22-jul-2011

1. viryabo profile image95
          viryaboposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Funny you asked this question.

My account on Bubblews is still live yet i can't log in. I wrote them 4 times. The 5th time i wrote them and said since they refuse to respond to my mails, i'll go the social network route to openly ask them why they blocked me out, yet my posts, profile, etc. is still live. Pronto, within an hour, i get a reply from a Veronica.

She said i should clear my cache, etc,.. I did that, though i knew that wasn't the problem . .  i can't get in with my laptop, phone, and tab too.

So i wrote her again, and she replied and told me this ... "I do not know why this is happening, but I have sent this to our development team."

That was 9 days ago. It was also from <tickets@bubblews.uservoice.com>

What do you think this may mean Glenn? If they are not the same people, that is.

1. Glenn Stok profile image96
            Glenn Stokposted 9 years agoin reply to this

I have no idea what this may mean. Either bubblews contracted with uservoice.com, that was around since 2006, to handle customer communication, or something else is going on.

2. Craan profile image80
          Craanposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Kaitlyn has emailed me several times. She works for Bubblews! I posed a question regarding getting help in updating a tag and she said it was against Bubblews policies. Next I thought of an eloquent way to help Bubblews configure their platform better since I use to be a software developer. She accepted my proposal and forwarded it to Bubblews’ software engineers.

1. Solaras profile image96
            Solarasposted 9 years agoin reply to this

I would not share any banking info with this email address.  As many people as are unhappy about not receiving payments, and who are looking for help, this may have brought out scammers who are looking to prey on the already unfortunate.

1. viryabo profile image95
              viryaboposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Hmm! Points to ponder.

2. ChristinS profile image38
    ChristinSposted 9 years ago

There are numerous problems for many with this website and they are highly unprofessional.  You can do a search through forums here or on the net in general and see that many people have had issues with them and not receiving payment things of this nature.  I refuse to enter another bubblews debate here, but you are not alone in having problems on that site and no, not everyone that has problems there are breaking rules, spamming etc. 

They do engage in some shady tactics of collecting data on their users, perhaps that caused your problems, or someone hacked your account, or they want to make it seem like that happened so they have an excuse to not pay you.  Who knows.

1. NateB11 profile image86

I'm sorry, I don't mean this disrespectfully to anyone, but that thing some people keep saying about Bubblews collecting data is false. They use advertisers that collect data through cookies, like all ad programs do, and that's the extent of data collection. I realize people are angry with Bubblews, but they should just leave it at what was unfairly done to them and not concoct false theories about data collection. It's totally silly.

1. ChristinS profile image38
        ChristinSposted 9 years agoin reply to this

And this is why I'm really going to stop answering people who ask about the site. yes that site has used advertisers that engage in less than scrupulous tracking practices - but whatever you say. Maybe they don't anymore - good on them if so.  Good luck getting paid to anyone having problems.

The "evidence" used that B was collecting info is that they use Tribal Fusion as an advertising program. Tribal Fusion is an old and reputable ad program that pays based on impressions. They are used by many sites with high volume traffic. Tribal Fusion, like pretty much all ad programs, including Adsense and Chitika, use cookies to collect info on visitors to sites so that they can put ads up that will attract them. Now someone has taken that little bit of information and turned it into a conspiracy theory. Hilarious. Mostly what's hilarious is that people believe it without examining what is being said. It's like school children spreading rumors about the kids they don't like. Foolish.

1. Mark Ewbie profile image81
            Mark Ewbieposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Nice one Nate.

I am on Bubblews but I have forgotten what the question was.

Hi, Mark. Always good to see you.

I'm still over there too, but not as often.

As for the question, I think I might have strayed from the original question too. Maybe I need to go post a Bubble since my Hubs got Panda'd.

Sorry you got Panda'd Nate.

Thanks, Mark. I think it's going to be alright. I'm going to wait it out and consider alternatives or work on other things. But hopefully there's a recovery.

I think I misunderstood the term Panda'd. I don't think I was actually Panda'd, I just lost some positions in the SERPs which was enough to drastically reduce my traffic.

2. vocalcoach profile image92
              vocalcoachposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Hahaha.  Too funny!

2. Jayne Lancer profile image92

'Foolish' would be not being very, very suspicious of that site.

I think you don't understand what I was saying. Or you're not aware of what is happening.

Edit: I'm guessing both.

Okay, now that I'm done being angry about someone not addressing what I said but diverting off to something else to support their pals, I'll go ahead and address what you said anyway.

Yes, there are problems with the site. I already addressed that above. However, people making things up about the site and getting other people to believe it because they know how to spin a story (though badly) is wrong and, basically, disgusting. I think it's possible you are not aware of the tall tales being spun. So, I'm going to leave it at that.

I understand perfectly, and am very aware. You choose to forget what you want to forget. I remember a time when malware was being planted on users' computers through Bubblews. Bubblews is not a site to be taken seriously. If it works for you, that's fine, but it hasn't worked for most of the people I know who have used it. I tell everyone who asks to be very, very wary of Bubblews. Knowing what kind of site Bubblews is, it's only fair to do so.

I have been there since July 2013 - made 1800 dollars.

If something bad is going to happen they are sure taking their time about it.

You mean 'something bad' as far as your account with them is concerned? I'll be rolling on the floor laughing when that happens. But 'something bad' happens all the time to countless other users on Bubblews--non-payment. The issue pops up time and time again on the HubPages forums, and there are numerous hubs about it. You won't find that sort of thing about HubPages, for example.

I truly liked your comment and wondered why there are so many bad reports about bubblews. I am very glad that I am able to login again. My account was never deleted.and someone from the Google+ group page came to my aid. I think that the staff at Bubblews are so overwhelmed with emails and payouts, they are just not coping.  What is interesting is that during the three weeks I still earned 4$! 

I learned a great deal and thank you all for your comments. I will stay a bubble fan unless I have good reasons to change my mind. I'm sure there is a lot of technical reasons many of us do not know about or understand that could have gone wrong ever since they changed their website look. Who knows.

2. Marisa Wright profile image85
                Marisa Wrightposted 9 years agoin reply to this

There was a malware issue with Bubblews, I encountered it myself.    However I agree with you, that doesn't mean Bubblews did it deliberately - any site can get hacked.

I agree, because I have experienced sites that were hacked. Mostly because of the hired ad companies fault, IMHO. (reporting those things to a site helps)

2. PinoyMom profile image73
                  PinoyMomposted 9 years agoin reply to this

I can't see ads on Bubblews now, is it because I live in an Asian country?

Thanks Nate and Christen for both your replies. My intuition tells me that there are far more issues going on that none of us know about. All I can add is that they NEVER asked for any membership contributions from any member, and like any social network, its free to post articles and comments within certain rules. As a bonus they share their earnings with us who drive the content.
          I still love to read the article written by the founders of Bubblews. That article inspired me to participate.  If that is according to some people not genuine, then that is not my problem unless I react in a negative way.

Here is a website that pays out money for our writing skills, whether we are professionals or just getting by. No job interview or proof of our writing skills are asked for. I mean no boot camp! No wonder that so many youngsters go for it. They have found a way to subsidize their parents by creating there own pocket money.
          No wonder pensioners are writing on bubblews to augment their pension.
          No wonder single mothers or people that are unemployed but have still got access to the internet can make some contribution, even if it is only $50.- at a time.

For many of us to be paid in dollars is very favorable due to the currency exchange rate.
          I'm truly glad that I started this forum.

Sorry for the spelling errors. I was writing it on my tablet.

It's allright Nadine. We will see it back in your Hubber Score lol

Oh really? Funny!

So far my issue was with logging in and not getting a reply from anyone for 2 weeks why I could not. I was told that I could expect my my next payment by the 15th of Oct. Because I now have my own PayPal account and I wanted to changed that in my settings, but I can't yet find out where we can do that? Does anyone know?

3. Beaddoodler profile image67
    Beaddoodlerposted 9 years ago

I haven't that particular problem, but my bug reports have gone unanswered for over 2 months.  I don't know what's going on with bubblews.  It used to be a good place to write, but now if you have a problem with the site it seems you're just out of luck.

4. Cari Kay 11 profile image86
    Cari Kay 11posted 9 years ago

I've read a number of pages on the gripes.  I'll be curious to see how my first redemption goes.  I've been having fun there so, if something happens, it won't be a total loss.

5. Solaras profile image96
    Solarasposted 9 years ago

I have not been able to log into that site since July. The change password link is a worthless pacifier.  I never received my final payment from June 29th, nor did I receive any responses to my inquiries.  Over and out.

6. profile image0
    robertzimmerman2posted 9 years ago

Just logged in without issue
    20 redemptions, 19 paid, other within the 30 days

I think it is a valid site and the leadership seems to be on a good track. I cannot explain why others have had issues but I would disagree that it is a "scam."

YMMV (your mileage may vary)

1. TIMETRAVELER2 profile image84
      TIMETRAVELER2posted 9 years agoin reply to this

Robertzimmerman2: 

My experiences are similar to yours.  I have never "not" been paid, and I have written their for more than a year.

However, I do not enjoy writing on that site nearly as much as on HP, so I write very little there now. Nonetheless, I keep earning there and they keep paying.

7. HomeArtist1 profile image57
    HomeArtist1posted 9 years ago

I don't write for them anymore. I'm not one to 'hope' I get paid from the band of youngsters running the site. I do see some passive income every so often and I redeem but I can't support a site that can't pay as promised.

8. DeborahDian profile image78
    DeborahDianposted 9 years ago

I have redeemed on Bubblews over 50 times, and only one redemption is in limbo.  That one is from July when they did have some technical difficulties.  Here are some suggestions I have that have made it easier for me to use Bubblews.  First, I keep my posts fairly short and never include links to other sites.  Supposedly we can include links, but it does seem to cause issues.  Second, I just try to keep a low profile ... I don't write posts in which I complain about the site or other writers or anything else.  In other words, I just try to avoid anything that would bring negative attention to me over there.  Third, I always redeem at about $50 to $55.  That way I won't lose too much money if something goes wrong. Finally, since it pays so well, I accept the fact that there may be an occasional redemption that doesn't get paid.  While I did report the missing redemption, I'm just moving on.  I still got paid $155 for my July redemptions, even with one missing.  I don't want to lose that income stream by making a big issue out of one missing payment.  I've never had a problem logging on, so I don't know what that issue is all about.

4 forum style posts today on Bubblews have earned me 6 dollars.

That's my kind of scam.

One missed payment last year when system crashed just as I pressed Redeem.  Do I care?  Not at all.

Love your "I'm all right, Jack" attitude.

Thanks Jayne.  At least someone here is on my side.

2. rajan jolly profile image92
      rajan jollyposted 9 years agoin reply to this

I think this is the best way to deal with a site like bubblews.

3. Nadine May profile image73

Many thanks for your comment about your experiences. I hope your last payment that is missing will still be resolved.

4. Nadine May profile image73

Glad to now that about your experience Debora, thanks for sharing

5. JoeYoung22 profile image83
      JoeYoung22posted 9 years agoin reply to this

"First, I keep my posts fairly short and never include links to other sites.  Supposedly we can include links, but it does seem to cause issues.  Second, I just try to keep a low profile ... I don't write posts in which I complain about the site or other writers or anything else.  In other words, I just try to avoid anything that would bring negative attention to me over there."

Interesting, but doesn't all this self-censorship go against Bubblews' much vaunted maxim, 'Speak Freely, Write Your World'?

I've tore some people a new one on there, and I have openly criticized the regime, yet I've had no payment problems. I rarely look in these days though, and I haven't posted for two months.

9. Chris Tyler profile image84
    Chris Tylerposted 9 years ago

99.99% of Bubblews' problems are customer service related, and not a problem with their site. It's like pulling teeth with them trying to get answers to even the simplest of questions, much less addressing actual problems.

If they had a more effective communication system (or even a forum where the community could help itself), then these problems wouldn't exist and everyone would be raving about Bubblews and how great it is. As it stands now though, it's a disaster.

Gosh what a great idea. They should have a forum indeed. I found their Google+ group for now to be helpful.

10. Mark Ewbie profile image81
    Mark Ewbieposted 9 years ago

Just realised that while I have been viewing this thread I have been able to write a piece on Bubblews freely - without a load of moderation and all that stuff - and it is getting hits and money as we speak.

That is kind of cool.

1. Phyllis Doyle profile image92

That is kinda cool, Mark. Good for you.   I have not been there is over a week. My bank is still growing, though.

11. Dale Hyde profile image67
    Dale Hydeposted 9 years ago

I just checked and was able to log in with no problems.

I see a passive income of $29.00 sitting there.  This has happened since my last redemption with no additional material added to my account.

My stats are 178 "Bubbles" over the past 15 and a half months with a total earning, according to my Google Drive spreadsheet, of $999.00 plus the $29.00 sitting there now.

I rarely post there now due to time issues. 

I have never had any redemption problems.  The last redemption took a full 30 days.  I contacted them on day 28 and got a relatively quick response saying to wait the full 30 days.  Sure enough it hit on the 30th day.

I'm happy to read positive comments about the payments. Thanks for your sharing.

12. Uzochukwu Mike profile image75
    Uzochukwu Mikeposted 9 years ago

I do not think Bubblews is a good platform to write as the site has lots of negative reports. My own is that they did not pay me at all.

13. colorfulone profile image77
    colorfuloneposted 9 years ago

I have been on Bubblews for over a year and have published 332 posts of which most are "articles", and I use my own photos.

I have redeemed 36 times on Bubblews. smile

Most of the time I have 1/2 dozen articles ready to publish that I have done research on, plus photography. It just is not a pressing priority for me to publish. I love doing the field work and research. The passive income that my articles earn is fun to watch from day to day when I do not find time to be active.

1. profile image0
      robertzimmerman2posted 9 years agoin reply to this

That is a great idea especially if you are taking pictures all the time.

As far as missed redemptions, I saw one Bubbler recommend to take a screen shot of your bank before redeeming and BL staff also have mentioned this. That is what I do now so I have some documentation. Just save the screen shot with the date in the filename and you at least have some record.

But hey, just like HP it's not for everyone.

Again a positive post about bubblews. Why some people have problems might indeed be for several reasons.
      Lack of communication,.
      Lack of skill from the bubblews staff to deal with the great demand.
      Braking rules.
      Errors from writers unknown to them. (That does include me,) that is why I started this forum.
      PayPal is not showing their payments? They also make mistakes, we know that for sure.

For me it was the total lack of communication that stirred me.  The 'forgot password' form was clearly not working. I never received the emails. I wondered if my email address had ended up into their spam folder for a while. It was someone at the Google+ forum that helped me out twice. They had send me an email where I could change my password and that worked. No idea who he was. I still hope to find out.

14. CassandraCae profile image84
    CassandraCaeposted 9 years ago

Something funny is going on there and I won't be posting again until the issues are addressed.

15. Solaras profile image96
    Solarasposted 9 years ago

I think we can all agree that Bubblews' model cannot be supported by advertising fees alone.  Money is just not coming from advertisers at that rate.

3 cents per view, where else is this thing done? At that rate I would be making over $25.00 a day here on 37 posts with no activity, just residual income.

So, where do the funds they pay to writers come from.  They come from failing to pay other writers the funds they agreed to pay them.  They tell users, it's because they "broke the rules." but it is just part of the business model.  That was the plan from day one.

So if you love a scam like that, where you make money off of other people's efforts, until one day it's your turn, fine.  Just realize that your good fortune is made from the labor and expectations of folks who visited and liked your posts, but did not get their part of the bargain.

Enjoy!  Many many people do desperately need that money and rather than finding work that would pay them, they wasted time there to get nothing other than more desperation.

That's not the kind of scam I like.

Very well said, Solaras.

2. Buildreps profile image83

Good thinking and well said, Solaras.

3. TheDragonBringer profile image94
      TheDragonBringerposted 9 years agoin reply to this

So far the funds come from seed funding. One of the companies is in the insurance business. That company makes money, more that you would guess. Who's the CEO, hrm a Zuccari. One of the founders families is affluent, and has helped with funding. Now, they aim for venture capital funding. That's where the money came from. A father who wants to see his son succeed, and teach his son to be a savvy businessman. You can research all of this, that's how I found out.

1. Writer Fox profile image33
        Writer Foxposted 9 years agoin reply to this

You should write a Hub about it.

2. NateB11 profile image86

Cool. I did not know that. Makes sense. If you write a Hub about it, I'll certainly read it. Meantime, I might do a little research on it because now my interest is piqued.

3. colorfulone profile image77

I would read a hub on it too. smile

(Side note to those who have used a Bubblews logo image on hubs. They are a trademark copyrighted image and Bubblews does not give permission to use them.)

16. LeanMan profile image79
    LeanManposted 9 years ago

I am not sure what has happened to your account but you are not the first, I did hear someone else complaining about exactly the same issues a few days ago..

As to what others are saying - I have been paid - I don't do a lot there as I make much more money elsewhere but it can be fun there if you ignore the frustrations of trying to communicate with them and expecting any reply...

I have written a few highly critical posts and I still got paid....

But I only use their photos or my own, all of my posts are way over their limit, I don't put any links and I delete and report all spam comments etc....

What I would say is this -

They maybe earn $5 - 6 per 1000 views if you go by what other sites will earn through adsense and everything else..

They payout $10 per 1000 views....

Big difference!!!

So they can only sustain payments to those that reach payment from those that don't get as far as redeeming or that get their payments rejected due to rule breaking..

Which is why I guess they have increased to a $50 redeem from $25 and have now increased payment to 35 days - the spammers and other rule breakers don't get deleted when they break the rules - they are encouraged to continue posting and earning money for the site; it takes them typically 2 months or more before they realize they are not getting paid during which they have earned money for the site - views are views for the advertising, does not matter if they have broken the rules..

Yes, Lean Man, they get paid ad dollars regardless.  However, you are assuming people did in fact break the rules.

A site that scams for its existence, invites scammers to the party.  Some are gaming the system obscenely, others, righteous writers, making decent posts, and are just screwed.

The list of good writers here alone, who have been shafted, is longer than my arm.  As Thomas Swan wrote (paraphrased) "You don't know how insulting and demeaning it is to be told that you broke the rules, when you know you did not."

1. Marisa Wright profile image85

Yes, he is.  The thing is, Bubblews rules are sufficiently vague that you can break them even while believing you are doing the right thing - and you will never know what little thing you did wrong, because it's impossible to ask them.

For instance, I've seen people here say they've had no problem linking to their Hubs, so other Hubbers have doubtless followed their example and assumed it's allowed.  If they don't get paid, they think they've been scammed.   However, Bubblews' TOS clearly states you can't have self-serving links.  You're making money from your Hubs, so that's a self-serving link.  Just because their moderators are haphazard and don't notice half the time, doesn't mean everyone will get away with it. 

That's why LeanMan says he never adds external links and only uses their photos - just because you can see others doing things on their Bubbles, doesn't mean it's legal, so you have to be ultra careful.   

As for good writers - the quality of writing on Bubblews is irrelevant.  They don't want good writing, they just want people to chat. It's a social networking site not a writing site.

1. mary615 profile image82
          mary615posted 9 years agoin reply to this

Marisa just "hit the nail on the head" when she said Bubblews  is a social site, NOT a writing site!  I have been there for over a year, and have had NO problem being paid.  It is taking them longer to pay out (up to 35 days now), but they only have a staff of 13 people!

It's just a fun site as far as I'm concerned.  I enjoy it, and I enjoy the extra money I can make rather quickly.

2. Jayne Lancer profile image92

So, you're saying that non-paid users have broken rules, but don't know it, because the rules are too vague to follow? Of the half dozen people I know who had payment difficulties, all but two did eventually receive payment after fighting tooth and claw for months on end. If they had in any way broken rules, they wouldn't have been paid at all. The two who didn't receive payment just gave up trying, which Bubblews hopes non-paid users will do. Have you ever read the hub by Thomas Swan I've linked to on this thread? Apart from it being a great hub, the comments are very enlightening.

Bubblews doesn't pay everyone in order that it can pay some. That wouldn't seem at all bad if Bubblews made it clear that payment shouldn't be regarded as 'earnings' but as a prize.

2. Ilonagarden profile image91
        Ilonagardenposted 9 years agoin reply to this

I think your post is more on the mark than most realize. There is something fundamentally wrong with that site. One flag is the extent of confusion about who has problems and why.

I understand that the promise of easy money is almost too much to pass up, but when a site has so many issues with honesty and transparency, it should be given a wide berth.

2. Solaras profile image96

With regards to the extended payment schedule, that allows everyone to make great efforts for 35-60 days thinking they will be paid, when they may not.

Some may be fine with losing one $50.00 redemption.  How would you feel if it was $150.00 to $300.00 they were ignoring you over.  The greater threshold and increased payment period expectations make this possible.

When I first signed up, people were crying out over $900.00 in unpaid redemptions per account.  They got zero response from management.  Heinous business practices.

3. Nadine May profile image73

Interesting point of view. Never thought about it that way.

17. Buildreps profile image83
    Buildrepsposted 9 years ago

Some here draw conclusions on their single experience. Would you think Bubblews would have grown this fast if they hadn't paid anyone? So, the fact that some of you received (some) redemptions is no prove that Bubblews isn't a scam or not. The polls on my Hubs gathered so much information that cannot be ignored - and they represent the facts. Bubblews is a scam beyond any doubt. Using excuses like 'they had their management and start-up problems' or 'you must have broken the rules'. Sure, nice trick. Tell this your mother - she might believe this.

For every Bubbler there comes a day his/her fruit is mature and the once smooth-running redemption machine starts to stutter. It would be courageous if these people would share this memorable moment with us here openly - I promise with all my strength not roll over the floor from laughing. But would this happen? I think not because you'll be silent then about this. Great, in the mean time you walked campaign for a bunch of swindlers and spread the news even further without correcting your own wrong view you once had.

Oh yes, they seem to pay US citizens more reliable than others. It looks like this has legal reasons.

In the mean time - good luck!

18. Colleen Swan profile image87
    Colleen Swanposted 9 years ago

Warning; uploading an image onto Bubblews. You may have shared all your photos.
    If you have allowed Bubblews to upload a photo from your computer you should check if your file extensions setting have been changed.
    Go back to your photo folder and open a photo: click properties: general: type in a new file name: click OK.
    If you get a message similar to this:

(If you change the filename extension the file might become unusable)

You will need to reset your folder options. Best to search the net for instructions for your computer.

Oh gee that is getting complicated but thanks for the warning. My PC has in the mean time been formatted so everything is cleaned up!

19. Hendrika profile image67
    Hendrikaposted 9 years ago

I was thinking about Bubblews, but after all this I do not think I am going to waist my time. There simply does not seem to be any consensus and I am a firm believer that where there is smoke....

20. profile image0
    robertzimmerman2posted 9 years ago

Not that I am telling anyone to spend time on BL but when someone's post insinuates that people saying they have been paid every time are lying then I would recommend anyone interested take that into their decision.

Just like any other site, if YOU have not spent a LOT of time using the site your opinion will not be as valid as others who have. They have rules like anywhere else and have you found ANY income site that has TOTALLY clear rules? (I didn't think so)

I have found the BL is worth a small amout of my time and I've been paid every time because I follow the rules. I'm not a BL cheerleader, just someone who dislikes inaccuracy and insinuation.

Robert, as far as I followed this thread - no one here was insinuating something until now. You're insinuating something about rules. 'I've been paid every time because I follow the rules.' How is it possible to say this if you dislike insinuation?

Furthermore can you clarify what you mean with 'inaccuracy'. Which inaccuracy are you talking about?

By the way - I like this thread very much because of the nice discussions here smile

1. profile image0
        robertzimmerman2posted 9 years agoin reply to this

"For every Bubbler there comes a day his/her fruit is mature and the once smooth-running redemption machine starts to stutter. It would be courageous if these people would share this memorable moment with us here openly - I promise with all my strength not roll over the floor from laughing. But would this happen? I think not because you'll be silent then about this. Great, in the mean time you walked campaign for a bunch of swindlers and spread the news even further without correcting your own wrong view you once had."

That says to me that those claiming that BL pays them every time are not telling the truth. They will "keep quiet" to keep the "scam" going. Correct me if I am wrong please. Not trying to make an argument, just reading the posts and adding my IMHO.

I'll leave it at that. You may continue this thread without me, I have better things to do. All are intitled to their opinions and I respect that.

1. Craftypicks profile image67
          Craftypicksposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Robert,  I have been paid 119 times by them. They own me a back payment for 55.00 from the day before they changed over their system. They admitted they lost the redemption and said they would look into the matter. Many many people did not get paid from that week. After that message from them admitting fault.. OK... waiting waiting waiting... nothing. Apparently them losing the data means I didn't get paid. What company can get away with that. If you put your time in it's their problem to go get the info and pay. My lost redemption had nothing to do with rules. I follow the rules and still nothing.  They are constently late with payments, sorry. when payday is on a certain day and they don't hand you a check it's wrong. If your late with payments paying your bills is it their problem, according to them no, but they were already paid for the time you spent making them money.

21. Mark Ewbie profile image81

What is nice is writing a post like this one and getting paid a dollar for it.

And if you ever run out of ideas just wander through these forums until the blood begins to boil.

Then spit it out, earn a dollar and relax.

Mark, perhaps adding a nice picture to this thread. To brighten things up a little? big_smile

Well if you insist.

Me... waiting for payment.
        http://s2.hubimg.com/u/11860779_f1024.jpg

Nice, thanks:)

Are you telling me that we are getting paid when we start a forum or post on forums? If so I never knew that.

No - lol.  I was referring to Bubblews.

Oh I see. Thanks for that

22. Craftypicks profile image67
    Craftypicksposted 9 years ago

I have had around 120 successful redemtions. Suddenly they stopped paying. They sent me polite email saying they were sorry and their system ate the redemptions, but although they know it's their fault they aren't paying them. I am currently not writing. They owe me 6 payments and until I start seeing the checks I am stopping. This situation happens with more people than I can count. They have the worst customer service out of every writing forum. I suspect the bubble is bursting with them. More and more non English speaking people are taking over and the bubbles are not even worth reading. Your much better off putting time and energy into legitimate places.

Did you kept that email?

That is atrocious. It's so awful that I feel compelled to respond and sympathize with you, even though I had sworn off of this thread.

If they do this to 500 people, they have saved themselves $150,000.00. That will pay their salaries for a couple of months.  Nice work if you can get it.

One theme that keeps recurring on this thread is: people are missing redemptions, but that's okay with them, as long as others keep coming through.  I can hardly believe they have trained people to accept being defrauded.

I suspect the "server" issues that caused hundreds or perhaps thousands of redemptions to be lost was a test.  How many redemptions can we fail to pay, and have people keep on writing here, gratefully accepting our failure to pay them as agreed.

I take it from one post here that the payment terms have been extended to 35 days now.  I expect eventually that will be extended to 60 days (Amazon does it, why shouldn't they).  This will allow them to save on 8-12 redemptions, before the unsuspecting author realizes he has been cut loose from their program. Not because he clumsily fell afoul of their mysterious rules which are shrouded in secrecy, but simply because they had a shortfall, which is to be expected, and they needed to make some savings.

23. earner profile image84
    earnerposted 9 years ago

It smells of one thing ..... 5 letters.

I've put in claims for $2900 so far.  $300 unpaid (forget it, it was over a year ago), $2200 paid, the rest is in the pipeline to come out this month (or not)

Which business model requires an ever increasing payout date deadline ... and ever increasing numbers of new members .... and, now, tries to get hold of bigger pots of money (investment angels/investors)....?

_ _ _ _ _

But we all like to think it'll all be paid and all be OK because ... we've spent far too much freakin' time there!!!!

What's changed this time/month is that old regulars, solid people, are all reporting multiple payments not met.  Not new people, not furreners, not people who write in engrish/worse..... but sold, proper, good, old regs.  When it gets to that point it has to be close to the topple.

24. Craftypicks profile image67

They just paid me one of my over due redemptions today. Six more to go, but I have had over 120 redemptions paid already.

I am sincerely happy you have been paid.  However, would it not be easier for their overworked staff to just pay you all your monies due at one time?  Why drag it out?

Seems, that rather than responding to customer service issues, they are over here reading these forums about themselves. Minimizing their negative PR by throwing a bone.

2. Buildreps profile image83

Where are the 3.3 million Bubbles that disappeared in the transition from Bubblews 1.0 to Bubblews 2.0? This riddle is much more interesting than your own payments smile

Oh yes, look at the polls. already 62% of the people think Bubblews is a swindler. So, all who thinks to earn on 'something' is already in the minority.

25. Craftypicks profile image67

Yep missing articles and they lost everyone's redemptions that were owed at the time. They told me they were sorry. Said they wanted to make it right only if I had a screen shot of it. I didn't, but now I make them for every redemption. I was never paid for that one.

I don't understand that either. 

If they pay a penny per view, comment, like or share, then it is a simple matter to add them all up, move the decimal place over to the left 2 spots, and subtract what they have already paid you.

Solaras, save your breath. Bubblews adherents only want to hear what they can comprehend. They just ignore your fully logical way of thinking.

When greed is nourished it will overgrow the intellect. The repressed part of the intellect will be replaced by a certain belief system with limited perceptual capacities. ~Buildreps

This is how it works in this case too.

26. Craftypicks profile image67

BTW, the links to the missing Bubbles are still live. I get residual pay from them all the time, but if you don't know the link, it's lost. It's not in the archives to look up.

That is why I am glad that I did archive all my bubble links on blogs, Pinterest, RebelMouse, and G+. Some are earning passive income because of their content and titles, instead of seeming to just be missing posts.

BTW, I am glad to read that you got that recent payment, and do hope you will receive all that are due you.

I used to write for residual pay on there with good photos and tutorials. When they changed they deleted all the photos so the tutorials are all screwed up. They deleted content past the first photo and then took away our ability to edit. Most of my really well paying residual articles were destroyed so I pretty much gave up caring about it. I get residual on what people think they are getting by hitting the button. I feel bad, but there is no way of changing the situation. By now I have thousands of links out there on Social Media and no way or desire to retract them.  Now, like everyone else I only write things I would get bored reading. Combine that with the chance you won't be paid at all for your work it killed off a lot of momentum for that platform. My account is so built up that I redeem once or twice a week with only two posts a day. When I wake up I talk about what I planned for the day and when I go to bed I write about what I actually accomplished. This way if they destroy it or they don't pay I don't get as angry. If they ever actually cared about content again I would care too.

I know I was pretty disappointed to see some of my lengthy articles with several photos messed up after the new lay-out was rolled out. Many photos and text gone, with no chance to edit them all now, but I did manage to get some of them edited with all the text put back in at least before that changed, too. Lesson learned, because I saw that coming when we were not able to add text to other addition photos after the first photo anymore. I kicked myself for not listening to myself and not editing them all while I could have by moving the text up under the first photo. However, I didn't see the edit option being taken away on old posts coming. But, there was such an up-roar by many bubblers about old post being edited that I should have. Granted there were too many abusing that privilege to get old posts up in notifications again and again. 

That disappointment was compounded by having some of those first photos either disappearing or cropped so badly that they are almost pointless. And, no option to edit the photos, even though we were able to edit text for a while.

Thankfully, Bubblews has kept on paying me regardless of those posts that are messed up.

I am still writing articles and posting photos that might be too good to publish on Bubblews, but my name is attached to them. The only difference is, I am willing to let them all go once I hit publish.

That is a great plan, to save all our bubblews post on Pinterest. I've created a bubblews board and will now add all my post on there from now on. At the beginning I started to save the links onto my website and blog, but after the 40th post I got behind, but at least I still have the links.

Careful, you might get yourself banned on Pinterest.  You will need to post many posts from others to keep your account on Pinterest from becoming over promotional.  Mark Ewbie has a hub on being banned from Pinterest, you should read it first, and then be selective regarding what you post there.

Lol thanks.  My first ever referral from the forums.  I owe you a pound.

Oh dear thanks for that warning. I never thought they (Pinterest) would join Facebook and many more networks to prevent Bubblews from growing as fast as they do. Its because Bubblews are sharing their income with us and others do not!

It's not a conspiracy and they're not being nasty.  They are protecting their own site from spammers.

Pinterest wants to be a place where people post outstanding photographs.  They don't want to be a place where people post any kind of photo just because they want to promote their article.  That devalues their site.  So you can't blame them for taking steps to keep it in check.

Take a look around Bubblews and you'll see the vast majority of people use the Pixabay images supplied - which are good photos, but they are not unique, they're used on thousands of blogs and websites all over the world.  That's not the kind of image Pinterest wants, so no wonder they're not keen to have too many Bubblews members posting.  Sure, it's a pity for people who do the right thing, but Pinterest has to protect itself.

27. paradigmsearch profile image61
    paradigmsearchposted 9 years ago

Not a pretty picture over at Bubblews lately...

My latest redemption request is now officially 40 days old today. This sufficiently motivated me to do some looking around. The place is buried in redemption-complaints by long-time members, including blistering comments on the Bubblews Support page itself. It's Déjà vu all over again...

I thought of resurrecting all my rants that I removed when my last redemption was finally paid. But I am just so tired of it all...

But when I did go into full-blown rant mode last time, it got me all sorts of traffic on my main website. So, there is rant-money to be made... big_smile

I don't know, maybe when day 50 rolls around...

1. ologsinquito profile image77
      ologsinquitoposted 9 years agoin reply to this

My redemption is officially now one day past the 30-day period. Every other redemption has been paid though.

28. Mark Ewbie profile image81

I just got a payment - 7 days late.  So they are a bit behind.  No big deal for some simple posts.

Mark, that's good to know. Thanks.

2. paradigmsearch profile image61
      paradigmsearchposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Hmmm. Mine is 10 days late and nary a peep. What with yours being paid 7 days late, sounds like they have skipped me again. Oh, well. I've got other rants to do before I get around to this one. big_smile

When I started this forum I never expected it to have such a response. I thank you all for sharing. The balance of comments about bubblews is still somewhat on the negative side, and I do not have enough experience to go either way.  So far I love writing on bubblews and hope my payment will arrive by the 18th. I still do feel that the browser issue could be a point for some people. Meaning their complaints might never have arrived at their inbox? I cannot use Firefox to login and I think that is because my partner, who is on the same network, also uses Firefox.
        I find the Google+ group very helpful and its there that I got the tip from to use a different browser.

Nadine, I've never written anywhere except HP. I was actually clueless about online writing until I came here. I've seen so much negative about Bubblews that I'd never even considered visiting the site, much less writing there. But after reading your replies on this thread, my interest is peaked. With the low earnings and views right now, maybe I need to try my hand at Bubblews. Lord knows I don't have time to add one more thing to my plate, but a martial arts master once told me, "you need a bigger plate."

Go and sigh up and look at the last bubblews post I've done. Just look me up &NadineMay  I've shared my earning experiences. I am by no means a prolific article writer on any of these sites like some, I have to many other jobs and still need to attend meetings and local groups, but I just love the on line interaction.

29. earner profile image84
    earnerposted 9 years ago

My latest payment's now 6 days late. So 36 days.  Many are saying they've been paid at 37-40 days.

It's a real downer on how you feel, how you write, what you write about .... I'd rather be a chirpy, happy camper, who didn't have to ever question when/if I'd get payment.

I'd prefer to have been living in the happy world where I get what's due/promised on, or before, the date I was promised.

Their last post on redemption made a lot of sense to me. I simply write and if I get paid I see that as a bonus. I rather spread my earning options around on the internet.

30. crazyhorsesghost profile image72
    crazyhorsesghostposted 9 years ago

I was surprised to log into Pay Pal yesterday and I had a $235.00 payment from Bubblews. It had been in there about a week and had cleared.

The thing is I never redeemed for that amount so it has to include missing redemption's  I had given up on. My last redemption was for $68. That was what I was looking for so it was a pleasant surprise.

That is truly great news. I'm so glad that you shared that with us all.

31. Cari Kay 11 profile image86

Just hit the redeem button for my first $50.  Won't get it until next month but I have noticed a number of bubbles this week saying they've been paid so I remain hopeful smile

Good luck and just see it will happen. Do not get to discourages by all the negative posts. When you read their last report on the redemption issue it all start to make sense.

1. Cari Kay 11 profile image86
        Cari Kay 11posted 9 years agoin reply to this

I think Bubblews is doing the right thing and I do think, that while it may take time, the overseas writers will start getting paid more quickly.  I'm really enjoying the site.  I'm making a steady $5 a day there.  Not a whole lot but that adds up smile 

edited to add:  just added you on Bubblews...yep, if you see &Carikay, that's me smile

32. purrworld profile image61
    purrworldposted 9 years ago

I too just started on bubblews. I hope all goes well in there..

33. earner profile image84
    earnerposted 9 years ago

I got paid my late payment from 2 September.  35 days from when I submitted it.

It is best to be patient.  Not easy but better than going off on one and throwing toys everywhere.

2. gitachud profile image68
      gitachudposted 9 years agoin reply to this

They have officially increased the redemption period.

"International users" will have to wait for up to three months! US, UK and Canadian users will be paid within 35 days.

Its amazing how they keep shifting the goal posts.

According to the post

http://www.bubblews.com/news/8719477-redemptions-update

Spammers and cheaters ruin the internet for everyone.  Bubblews is doing its best to cope with them.  The cheats steal money from the honest people.

2. colorfulone profile image77

Thank you for posting that. smile

Yes Mark I agree. lets give them our support by having trust in the good-for-all principle.

34. colorfulone profile image77
    colorfuloneposted 9 years ago

I am so glad that plagiarist are removed from Bubblews. &Ramadani was one, and was reported by several members. But I am happy to report that account is gone now, too.

35. Cynthianne profile image60
    Cynthianneposted 9 years ago

So far, on average, my payments have been on time, but my daughter is still waiting for her redemption payment dating back to July.

36. profile image0
    Manasi4posted 9 years ago

i am a bubblews writer too
    no i havent experienced any problem in logging in except no payments still

Still no Bubblews payment.

1. paradigmsearch profile image61

Same here. 44 days now I believe. The slackers. I guess it's time for me to post another Bubblews review and link to Buildreps' hubs again. big_smile

Support put out a note on the site that anyone who writes from any other Country other than the USA, Canada or the UK will have their Bubble redemptions held up to 90 days due to the over whelming spam. My last two redemptions came on day 36. My last redemption was on the 9th and that was for artilcles I put in at the end of September. Payment is going to be dependent on how long you have been on the site, If your articles have been flagged and if this is a second account due to spamming.

USA here. And I've been a good little Bubbler. big_smile

37. Marie Flint profile image73
    Marie Flintposted 9 years ago

Nadine, I  had similar problems at Bubblews, so I haven't written there since my third post. Too bad, as I had fun writing under the pseudonym "Time Traveler" as a 24-year-old male from Dexter, WA, who was sharing his reincarnation experience in the jungles of South America seeking a miracle healing plant. I have very low tolerance for technical problems online.

38. fpherj48 profile image59
    fpherj48posted 9 years ago

Nadine.....My Bubblews story is that I joined back when a lot of hubbers started writing there and reported back their experiences.  Not sure, but I think in total I have maybe 15 posts.
    I never did spend a lot of time there.  Throughout the months I read all the hubs that were popping up, some positive, some negative. Eventually, I put them altogether and added my own personal opinion of the site. 
    The bottom line for me was that I simply stopped going to B.  Once a week I check my bank...which of course adds up only pennies.  I'm determined to redeem at LEAST once for $50.00 for my 15 posts & I'll be happy.
    Truthfully, I simply could not get "comfortable" at Bubblews.  The bigger issue for me was that there was no way I could or would invest the crazy amount of time necessary to build up the following.....I felt their system is a bit bizarre.
    But many people love it.  They seem to find that it's "E-Z" money.  To each his own. 
    You say you have 99 posts and have redeemed twice, which comes to about $1.00 per post.  A hundred bucks is a hundred bucks.  Good for you.  I hope you resolve your sign-on problem..

Thanks for this, Paula. Hmmmm, I don't know now. I don't write full time so I don't think I'd have that kind of time to invest. And for pennies? A dollar a post? Seems it would take away the joy and incentive for writing. I guess the biggest incentive is quick and easy money. I'll still think about it.

Janshares, I wouldn't do it for the money.   It frustrates me that so few internet writers stop and work out their rate per hour

If you do that on Bubblews, most people find it works out at $1 or so per hour.   That may be worth it for someone in the third world, but for most people, there are many more lucrative alternatives than that! 

I tried it early on, made a couple of payouts quickly, then stopped because the hourly rate is too low to be viable.  I went back when the site launched its new look, and noticed I had some money in my "bank".  I thought it would be fairly easy to bring it up to the threshold, so I started posting again and found that the new setup means you have to do a lot more work to get those dollars.  However, I searched out other Hubbers and ex-Heliumites and found I quite enjoyed sharing snippets of fun writing with that little community.    I figure I can chat on Facebook for nothing or chat on Bubblews and get paid.

Thanks, Marisa. That is equally helpful. I guess it depends on one's goals and motive. Mine is certainly not to work really hard for pennies. I do that already at HP! yikes I'd be better off seeing a client for an hour of therapy.

2. fpherj48 profile image59
        fpherj48posted 9 years agoin reply to this

I know what you're saying Jan, but also remember that only 400 characters (min) make up a post.......not words....but characters.  You could write the maximum # allowed per day in a couple of hours.....which then adds up in terms of the money to be made.   
        IMO, one never knows until they give it a try.  There are several hubbers raking in the dough on Bubblews.  I have enough time to write posts.  I just don't have the time to read, comment, like and interact and without doing those things, no one will read, like, or comment on your posts.  THAT'S the little "fine print" to Bubblews......It is truly 100% "buddy system."

Oh, I didn't know that, Paula. So it does take a lot of time but the effort is not as grueling as what we strive for here. But it still scares me to think about churning out 10 per day. I'd really have to be full-time to do that, especially the "buddy system" concept. Thanks for the input and insight.

Yes, the effort is not gruelling at all. Since your "Bubbles" have very little longevity, it's a place to write light-hearted fluff pieces or get things off your chest.  However, the time commitment is high because of the buddy system concept - being on Bubblews can suck up an enormous amount of time without you noticing, so it's dangerous that way!

Yup, I see . . . . which is why I will stay away . . .  for now anyway.

39. LindaSmith1 profile image60
    LindaSmith1posted 9 years ago

I removed all of my posts, but they refuse to close my account.  Anyway, I had over 300 posts and it took about 3-4 months to reach payout. I did not add new posts. I did very little on the site itself.  I certainly didn't play the you like me, I like you game.

Yes Linda that is what you probably need to do, but I'm very selective now who I add as a follower.

2. profile image56
      LarryBinionposted 9 years agoin reply to this

I joined Bubblews a couple monts ago. I have just now attained the status of $50.00. Thery have many problems and complainers. I don't know if I'll continue or not. I thought I'd make more money than that. But for almost three months work, it isn't a very good job.

40. LindaSmith1 profile image60

I read their announcement.  This part of it tells me that Bubblews will pick and choose who they are going to pay

We are not a charity and this is not your job. We are a free social network that shares its ad revenue with it's users.   

Well if it is not your job and they are not a charity, what does that say for those who spend hours on the site because they see it as a job when they are not working at all.      Shares?? Well, I share to but I don't share with everybody.

When all the hype about Bubblews first appeared on HubPages, one perceptive Hubber said, "It's not a writing site, it's a Facebook equivalent where you happen to get paid", and he was right.   Bubblews is just emphasising that.   It's not their fault if people are trying to turn it into a business, that was never its intent.

In fact it amazes me that so many Hubbers and ex-Helium members are still there, doggedly writing their ten posts a day, when it must be obvious by now that they're earning a dollar or two an hour.   If they're doing it for fun and the money is a bonus, then that's fine - because the site is actually fun.   But I see many of them treating it as part of their writing "career" - and honestly, if you're still writing on Bubblews and other rev-sharing sites, you don't have a writing career.

I still enjoy Bubblews because of the interactions, but then I have connected with interesting people. I have NEVER written 10 posts a day. I'm lucky if I post 1 or 2 posts a day. I often do more commenting and liking than posting. That is enough to see the earnings going up. Bubblews like hubpages and other earning sites are all sidelines for me. I still need to do my daytime job. For me hubpages and bubbles ( I hope) will create a passive income in years to come.

Google hates Bubblews and always will, so the likelihood of long-term passive income from your Bubbles is extremely low.   Bubblews' whole business model is based on building internal traffic, not external - and as you know, Bubblers tend to only see the newer Bubbles. 

I use the site as you do - for the interaction. I never write more than 1 or 2 posts at a time, and spend more time commenting or liking than posting.

2. colorfulone profile image77

I use the site more for passive income these days. smile

41. Mark Ewbie profile image81

I spend time most days reading these forums, checking Analytics, thinking about doing something / anything, occasionally even writing something...

... and for a small part of that time I Bubble.  It is an easy 100 dollars a month - more if I push it.  It is fun, good for the ego, nice to be read and the genuine interactions are OK too.

I look at many HP pages I have written, some of which are two to three years old and they have yet to make five dollars.

Yes it is not real money, a proper income.  But for most people - neither is HP.

42. DeborahDian profile image78
    DeborahDianposted 9 years ago

I enjoy writing on Bubblews, as well as on Hubpages and other sites.  I don't write "serious" articles there, but it is an easy place to share an opinion or just talk about your pet peeves ... something I would never write about on Hubpages or other serious writing sites.  I've never written 10 posts in a day, and I have been there over a year.

I also want to point out that I have been paid over 50 times, and only one payment is in "limbo."  I suspect that one reason I have always been paid is because I have not gotten overly aggressive about trying to do it in order to make a quick buck. I expect to hear from them about my late payment in the next couple of weeks.  Meanwhile, like Marisa says, it is just a fun site but not something that I promote as an example of my writing ability.

That is exactly what I do. I keep now and then commenting on the people that appear on my Google account and then I see who has visited me and then do ( my commenting or like homework on bubblews) I might prepare a post for that day, or not. Ive been at bubblews since last year and I'm waiting for my 2nd payment.

43. Valeant profile image81
    Valeantposted 9 years ago

They did post that people who were in violation of the rules had their account deleted.  International users now get paid every 90 days or so.  I have been getting all of mine from 30-35 days.  I've gotten paid five times, with another four due in the next few weeks.

Yes that is a real bummer for me. I still hope to get paid before the year is out.

44. newjerusalem profile image68
    newjerusalemposted 9 years ago

I've been writing in bubblews for the last one year. initially, I had some troubles in redemption. Otherwise, I got paid continuously for more than 10 times. As the payment policy is changes now, there is a delay in payment process which may take 60 to 90 days for users from all regions except UK, US and Canada.

I will let everyone know when I do receive my second payment. I'm in South Africa so who knows.

45. Cari Kay 11 profile image86

I keep seeing people refer to people on Bubblews as writers.  I don't think that is really correct.  This is more about social media.  True, there are some well written pieces but this really is more of a relaxed atmosphere to post.  The posts are more forum-quality than not.  It's a fun way to earn a little extra cash.  I wouldn't consider this a place to get rich quick by any means.  One think I like about it is that people want to keep others reading their posts so comments are much, much kinder.  I always appreciate kindness.  I only found one post that got under my skin.  Somebody there posted a video to a hokey movie supposedly about Christianity but, I'm well acquainted with the church in the movie and it is a cult (have family involved with them) so found myself getting sensitive about it.  Backed out of that post slowly and haven't returned. Bubblews really isn't a great place for debate just reading and kindly interacting smile

46. earner profile image84
    earnerposted 9 years ago

They just changed the redemptions.  You can only redeem once in 30 days now.

Also - you can't see how many views you've got, not in total and not on each post.

I've lost the momentum now ..... I had built up a really good steam in the past few days!  I was on a roll.... feeling deflated now I can't see instant changes/increased stats.

This means, as I just redeemed - I can't redeem for another 30 days, then it'll be another 30 days after that that I get paid.

Or .... cashflow stops for 60 days!

Ya know what? This excerpt actually gives me hope, "...You can also track the status of your redemptions on the bank page under the history tab."

I'm going to quit worrying about this mess for now. I might even start making posts again. big_smile

I lost steam over there after they increased the threshold and the amount of time it takes for them to process payments. Also, my computer couldn't handle their big upgrade, so it takes me too long to post. however, like others, I get a small amount of passive income, probably around 2 dollars a day. So, I just let that pile up and redeem about every month. I think I spent too much time there anyway, concentrating on other stuff.

3. colorfulone profile image77

Well, that is interesting.
      Just never know what is going to happen next.
      Thanks for posting this.

47. LindaSmith1 profile image60

Not allowed to see your views not seems like a strange move!

48. earner profile image84
    earnerposted 9 years ago

I won't stop writing there, but the whole addiction/buzz has gone for me now.... I was like a crack addict, chasing the views, etc.... posting again, checking stats, doing stuff... there, there, there, write, check, read, comment, write, check, check, check.

I needed this "wake up call" and now they've helped me to take a reality break and rethink my strategy going into the new year.

No more "instant fix" it used to give me.

I'm finished with it.  No one is going to piss me around any more.  HP - done. Bubblews - done.

1. earner profile image84
        earnerposted 9 years agoin reply to this

OH NOES.... I need to get my stalking hat out again ... to find where you're off to next!

With reference to removing the view counter because it is 'counter-intuitive'.

I just posted on the Bubblews official post as follows. 

"Counter-intuitive my ass.  That is bullshit my friend. You can stuff it."

1. sabrebIade profile image79
            sabrebIadeposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Oh Mark, they have shot themselves in the head.
            They missed the foot totally.

big_smile

2. earner profile image84
            earnerposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Nicely put.

I'd earnt $12 in about 12 hours today.  And just $0.02 since the update, so, say 4 hours.

THAT is bullshit smile

Anyone who has ever run their own advertising on blogs, or has ever earned from Adsense, knows that Bubblews were paying out a LOT more than they were earning.   It couldn't last.

Lots of sites do that - they do it because they want to build up a large site and attract lots of members, and they imagine that once they get going, they'll reap enough rewards to compensate for the initial outlay.   It never works.   Bubblews is discovering that and is cutting back to a more realistic payout.   

Most writing sites pay between $1 and $5 per thousand views - and those are sites able to attract thousands of visitors from the search engines, not sites relying on internal traffic.  So it's unlikely Bubblews could afford to do better than that.

Today.com did the same thing - they started out paying people $1 a post.  They soon realised they couldn't afford it and cut back, but ultimately they sold the domain name and gave up.

1. Cari Kay 11 profile image86
                Cari Kay 11posted 9 years agoin reply to this

My pennies seem to be going up normally again.  I'm not one of the ones who makes a lot there (about $5 a day) but in the last half hour, my bank is increasing, I think, normally again.

Nailed it. That's exactly what I think has happened. I think most people who are logical and aware of how this getting paid for advertising thing works, knew that Bubblews couldn't keep paying people the amount of money they were paying. At least in the back of our minds, we knew this day was coming. It had to.

3. lisavollrath profile image90
                lisavollrathposted 9 years agoin reply to this

I'm totally OK with them revising the pay rates. I just want them to be clear about what is earning, and how much it's earning. Being vague about pay rates, and taking away our ability to see our own page views doesn't inspire a lot of confidence.

3. lisavollrath profile image90

My sentiments, exactly. Nicely put.

Mark, you need to be working on several e-books around some of your favorite articles such as work place absurdities and becoming a famous writer.  Then use your "connections" and forum friends to get them promoted.

This is where you need to be putting your efforts. You would be very successful at it.

Oh thanks Solaras.  I am certainly running out of writing sites!

1. lisavollrath profile image90

If Cyanide and Happiness can make a living off cartoons with stick figures, so can you.

Well I don't know about that but thanks for the name - hadn't heard of them!

2. Marisa Wright profile image85

Sounds like a brilliant idea, Mark.  You can re-use all the material you've got on writing sites, too - no worries about duplicate content.

49. LindaSmith1 profile image60

They stopped taking away earnings when you delete posts too!!!   I was in the minus by a lot of bucks when I deleted over 300 posts.  My bank sits at Zero now.   Support has a post about this too.

50. sabrebIade profile image79
    sabrebIadeposted 9 years ago

Arvind just posted and instead of the chorus of cheerleaders and kool-aid drinkers he got a pack of wolves.
    Ghandi better call in the stormtroopers stat.

I'm not on that site.  Why are they doing this?

LOL. Move-on.org has a new petition against Bubblews for failure of payment
      http://petitions.moveon.org/sign/bubblews-non-payment

1. kellytruths profile image57
        kellytruthsposted 9 years agoin reply to this

If you had violated any thing, they should really email you when they said they "had" emailed you why. 

If your emails are not replied within 4 days, it is a warning sign that their management and staff can't be bothered, and may be they are the same way with paying timely (or even paying at all).

If they are so sure of deleting your account after a violation, why do they allow you to continue writing for a month before deleting your account?  They are clearly taking advantage of bubblews members' lack of knowledge of their "termination procedures".

If they are so reputable, ask yourself why more than half of the staff there are not using their full names?

A reputable company will ALWAYS pay you on fixed dates stipulated in their TOS!  Clearly, bubblews does not!

STAY WELL AWAY from Bubblews!   They are freaking scammers and are not even HUMANS!

The owners of Bubblews are as human as you and me. You walked into an obvious scam, you could be as equally angry on yourself as well.

Just admit - it was blindness smile

1. Bill Yovino profile image88
            Bill Yovinoposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Then stay away. There are many former and current Hubbers who are quite happy there. I gave up writing on Hubpages a year or so ago when they kept changing the rules. Write about food, don't write about food, etc. Recently my Hub traffic is off by about 99%, even "Editor's Choice" hubs.  I've never had a problem getting paid on Bubblews. They only have about 8 employees and have experienced a lot of growing pains but it is not a scam as some have said. It is just plain irresponsible to make those statements.

1. PinoyMom profile image73
              PinoyMomposted 9 years agoin reply to this

I agree with you about this.  There are certain bubblews members who are happy with what they are earning from that site and they remained loyal to them despite of the recent changes on their site.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)