jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Should seasonal hubs be unpublished when the seasonal ends?

1. PeterV profile image80
    PeterVposted 3 years ago

Should seasonal hubs  be unpublished when the seasonal ends?

If I have a featured hub that is what I would call seasonal ( this one happens to be Superbowl focused), should I unpublish after the Superbowl is over and republish it next season?  The reason I ask is, I see that it looks like hubs can get automatically unpublished for lack for traffic.  It is a fairly safe bet that traffic will fall off significantly next week after the big game is over.  I also have no clue what a hubs "score" means, but ti somehow has to do with that number they print across the picture of the author.

2. Meggan Dunn profile image60
    Meggan Dunnposted 3 years ago

I don't think they should.  I love reading seasonal stories all year long.  Especially if they are on crafts or party planning.  For example, I don't have time to think about Christmas crafts only during the Christmas season.  I start working on Christmas crafts in the summer time.

3. peachpurple profile image83
    peachpurpleposted 3 years ago

nope, i leave all my halloween, st patricks day and christmas hubs on even though the festival are over. Just leave it, you may see some traffic

4. Bills Place profile image83
    Bills Placeposted 3 years ago

Seasonal topics can also be evergreen, meaning it can pull in some traffic all year, and then come next season it can begin generating more traffic again without having to post it again.

The loner it's posted, the more maturity it gains with search engines, chance of other people linking back, and so on. When a hub or article is removed and re-posted, it loses all that.

working