jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (4 posts)

Does Hubpages exclude the amount of times you look at your own hubs from the pag

1. Danny Miles profile image59
    Danny Milesposted 2 years ago

Does Hubpages exclude the amount of times you look at your own hubs from the page views section?

I just started writing on HubPages a little over a week ago. I have three hubs and 130 total page views. However, I am constantly visiting my hubs to check for errors and provide updates. Is there any way to see if anyone besides myself is reading my hubs?

2. Amanda108 profile image92
    Amanda108posted 2 years ago

Hubpages DOES count your own views, unfortunately. That's why you'll see unpublished hubs as having views sometimes.

Maybe someone else more knowledgeable will have a better answer, but in the meantime I know you can at least go to "My Account" and then click on "Traffic Sources" to see where the majority of your hits are coming from.

And welcome to Hubpages! :-)

1. Danny Miles profile image59
      Danny Milesposted 2 years agoin reply to this

Wow that is very discouraging, that probably means that about half of my page views are my own.. YIKES!
      Thanks for the insightful comment! smile

3. profile image96
    Robbie C Wilsonposted 2 years ago

I agree, HubPages definitely does count your own views as views although confusingly not every time. You can exclude your own views from Google Analytics though.

I used to track my own views in a spreadsheet when I was starting out so that I could be sure of how many "real" visits I got. I am not so worried about it now, but when I was new I was so keen for others to be reading it, it really bothered me.

working