jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (14 posts)

Quality Hubs?

1. Kapalbility02 profile image60
    Kapalbility02posted 7 years ago

I am new here and made two hubs. And with my experience in web 2.0, conforming to a community's standards is part on the internet marketing game. So, what makes a quality hub, really? Is there a standard, a model, a guideline? Thanks.
    (Apologies if this is already posted. I checked.)

1. SimeyC profile image88
      SimeyCposted 7 years ago in reply to this

There are a lot of great hubs on here explaining what it takes to make a quality hub.

Generally I'd say content is key; second to this is formatting! You may have the best content in the world, but if it's unreadable then it will fail - making it easy to read, adding relevant pictures etc really make a difference.

Perhaps the most important neglected part is decent SEO - to make a truly successful hub you have to do a lot of work. Promoting the hub on blogs etc and getting the backlinks will increase the SEO of the hub and make it successful.

You mention 'conforming' - I'd actually say that just producing some 'quality' hubs is the answer - doesn't matter if it doesn't conform to the 'norm' on Hubpages.....

2. profile image51
      LintHoopposted 7 years ago in reply to this

I'm new here too, but from what I've heard, having a specific niche (like asthma) is a good way to go about it. I just can't bring myself to write about only one topic. >.< But, being able to bring a lot of people to your hubs, like with twitter and other things of the sort is also a very good thing. :-) Oh yea, and good content and good writing of course. Which, I've already read yours and it's very good and it would probably be very helpful to me if I had asthma.

2. GeneralHowitzer profile image62
    GeneralHowitzerposted 7 years ago

Originality and quality content...

3. profile image0
    Hikikomoriposted 7 years ago

Originality, good content and good writing

4. profile image0

Good luck.

5. Kapalbility02 profile image60
    Kapalbility02posted 7 years ago

Quick Replies! Me like. wink Thanks everyone. I suppose putting up links here in the forums is prohibited?

1. profile image0
      Hikikomoriposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Links to what?

1. Kapalbility02 profile image60
        Kapalbility02posted 7 years ago in reply to this

OKay. Thanks!

1. SimeyC profile image88
          SimeyCposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Easiest way to add links, is to say 'I have more information in my profile if anyone is interested' (or something like that) and provide the links in your profile - that way you don't get in trouble and you give people a choice to look if they want!

2. GeneralHowitzer profile image62
      GeneralHowitzerposted 7 years ago in reply to this

You can post link anytime but be sure it has nothing to do with self promotion... big_smile

6. profile image0

There are lots of quality hubs here. The only ones I don't care for are the ones that are overly promotional.

Promotion can of course be done in good taste though.

7. profile image62
    kakinposted 7 years ago

Having a quality content hub is all about relevant info.

if you have a hub titled "Three paragraphs on writing three paragraphs", then three paragraphs should be enough content (just don't make them one line each, its got to be a paragraph), and maybe add some news or books while you're in there, to make it look more complete (that content you didn't produce, but it will make the hub better overall).

Also remember that most times a well marketed (search optimized counts) hub will always make you more money that a great quality hub (although quality hubs tend to get a little promotion themselves because of their quality).

happy new year

8. Marisa Wright profile image94
    Marisa Wrightposted 7 years ago

There used to be a program called the Flagship Hub program.  Given that HubPages was willing to pay for Hubs that followed the format, I've always felt it was a good guide to best practice.

http://hubpages.com/help/flagship_hubs

As for subjects - I don't think it's necessary to pick a single subject, and in fact I'd advise against it.  I've been surprised by the topics that make money and which don't, so I'd recommend writing on a variety of subjects at first, to work out which is your best niche.

working